oh jeez.....here we go

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would keep it stock!!! I looked up your car on the NADA guide. Not knowing what options the car has I just put in that it has a 409 engine (apparently that option came with an aluminum front end). Take a look at how much this thing could be worth:eek::

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.a...y=1963&m=1035&d=6466&c=7&o=7347&vi=65765&da=1

I'd find a classic Chevy restorer and gladly pay him 60-80k to get that kind of return! Really lucky find!

I totally dig pimpalas. Here is a pic of our family '64.:)

Attachments

• Car Stuff 058.jpg
    Car Stuff 058.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 19
sorry for the delay everyone. Computer issues.

This car was parked in the barn in 1990, after my uncle brought it from Chicago. Im atleast the 4th owner of the car, because i have evidence that the car was registered in North Carolina in '71-'72, then was titled in Wisconson(yes, i have the title), and last purchased in Chi-town.

Heres the skinny on whats goin on with the car today, I got it out like i said i would. It took 3 hours of digging, and none of the tires would hold air so i swapped on some rally wheels once we got it out.

the following week i found all the missing pieces, including all the trim and lights. I also brought the 409 and powerglide to the shop.

As far as options go on this car, nothing to fancy... power steering, power brakes, radio. The car does not have an aluminum front end, or the Z11 engine:(

They had 3 versions of the 409 in '63. 340HP(Most likely the one i got), 400HP(larger cam), and the 425HP (larger cam, dual quads)

Heres the pics

lets try this again

Attachments

• 100_1652.jpg
    100_1652.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_1653.jpg
    100_1653.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_1654.jpg
    100_1654.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 31
  • 100_1655.jpg
    100_1655.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_1656.jpg
    100_1656.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 30
I owned a 64 Impala convertible in about 1965, loved that car. Traded it for a brand new GTO in 66 and wish I had the Impala back. I had American torque thrusts on it (the first in our area, like $ 50 apiece back then:D) and blackwalls. Everybody thought I had something under the hood but it was a 283 glide that I pulled the vacuum line off so it would idle rough. :p)

If it were me I would build your Impala like we would have back then. Some cool wheels (trust me on the Americans, they look bitchin.) some chrome engine goodies, a four speed, and not lowered. You would be instantly transported back to 1963 for sure.

Don

Here are a couple of Impalas I found that have American type 5 spokes on them. IMO these are the wheels to run on an early Impala, especially a 409. :D

Don

new63.jpg

new632.jpg

Unfortunately I can remember back that far and I think Bob is right! Or else the early 60's spinner type hubcaps that came on them. Whatever you decide I'm sure will look good. After all its kind of hard to take away from the already good looks of Impalas!!!..CR

Don,
thanks for those pictures, YearOne sells those exact wheels.

When i saw that first picture i couldnt believe my eyes. My Aunt gave me a handfull of pictures of my Uncles car taken from when he was in Viet Nam. His mother sent the pictures to him, so he knew he had something to come home to i guess. Anyway the first picture is pert near identical to one of the pictures she gave me. I wish there was a way i could get that picture to post up here.

If you don't have a scanner just lay the picture down and shoot a picture of it with your regular digital camera, then post it like you normally would. I have a scanner but don't know how to hook it up, so I do the same thing when I have some old regular pictures I want to post.

Don

Dude, this thing's gonna be AWESOME!!!:cool:

Torque Thrusts would be cool, but I'm thinking 200S ("Daisy Spoke") in chrome would look pretty hot poo, too.:D

While I'm thinking of it, maybe go with 16's or 17's, with fat rubber. Not talkin' like yo PiMp'S Hummer, but a little taller and fatter on a BIG old car looks slinky and cool to me.

The colour combo it has looks petty good to me.

With today's fuel prices, I think I'd park that 'Glide on the shelf and use a built 700R4....

Thanks for sharing your pics![P

Regards,
Shea:)

Latest posts

Back