Here it is

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daman

Just picked them up today. Here is the runner. It's been converted to 12V already and everything works. He wanted to keep the battery and the alternator. I didn't care...not gonna use it anyway. The parts truck that I never checked out is in pretty good shape but it doesn't have a front axle and the motor was opened up and left...... frozen. I have all the grill pieces to both pickups plus a handful of IH hubcaps and trim. This one need just a little work on the grill then done
Day1.jpg

The plan is to put it on my Olds Cutlass frame. It was supposed to be a sleeper until I put the 3" exhaust on it
IM000893.jpg

IM000891.jpg

Heres the plan. I measured from wheel base how the Olds sits and the International

. Olds / Binder
wheel base" 109" / 125"

rear outside tire 75" / 67"

front outside tire 70" / 65"

with all the room under the fenders the tires should look pretty good

Measure across the frame of the olds where in needs to go under the cab of the truck. If I remember correctly, those frames swing out really wide.

Yes, the Olds frame is wide (almost to the side of the car) and I have to cut and refab that part.

Life is good

I used an early '70's Olds frame to put my '49 Shoe Box on, which had the same wheel base, but I took some tubing that was the same size as the Olds frame and ran it straight from the front of the Olds frame straight back to the rear of it at the same width as the Ford frame. It took a little fabrication and thought, but it worked out just perfect. I welded in the tubing before I cut the outside of the Olds frame off and capped it and added some gusset plates.

Just what I was thinking

Still gotta stretch it though. How well isthe front overhang gonna work out? Seems to me the truck frony wheels are pushed fairly far forward. BTW, I'm using a 85 Cutty frame under my 48 Olds.... when and IF I ever get a chance to get at it.

I'd like to see plenty of pics as to how and where you stretch the frame.

I'm gonna leave it at the 109" wheel base. The front of the bed will have 16" taken out of it, maybe a couple 2-3" out of the back also. It'll be a short bed pretty much a couple inches in front and back of the fender. The front will be stretched a little to accomodate the front bumper but that's it.

IMG_0017.jpg

You don't find chrome like this anymore
IMG_0022.jpg

Rear bumper. I guess this is a rare option for these pickups dunno
IMG_0015.jpg

Engine
IMG_0010.jpg

Only major rust, both sides same place
IMG_0020.jpg

looks like agreat truck to start with-love that shot of the headlite ring next to the rusty fender....

sounds like you've got a good solid plan...keep us posted-we'll keep ya encouraged!:D:cool:

Still working on it.

Front clip on
420binder001.jpg

steering column drop cut, shortened and welded back together
eggdying005.jpg

starting the bed
420binder007.jpg

bed some what on
Binderbed002.jpg

Binderbed009.jpg

Binderbed006.jpg

Binderbed013.jpg

Now I have to figure if I want the bed higher than what it was stock. There isn't a whole lot of room for them tires under there. [S
I'm gonna be moving it up a couple inches after I get it put together.

Latest posts

Back