TiredIornGRB's '55 Cadillac Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TiredIronGRB

Traditionalist
I drove to Detroit and picked this up yesterday...

55_Cadillac_26.jpg

55_Cadillac_29.jpg

It came with a brand new set (5) Firestone wide whites and this "Air Ride" suspension system (not installed).

55_Cadillac_14.jpg

It's a roller, no engine or transmission...the plan is for a blown 350 and a TH400.

Cadillac, Cadillac
Long an dark, shiny an black
open up that engine let it roar
tearin up the highway like a big ol dinosaur.

I can't remember the band that sang that but everytime I see an old Caddy it warms my heart.

The only thing I'd do different than you would be to replace with a big inch caddy or find a wrecked new one and throw a Northstar in it...FWD:confused:

looks good

Hey G.

It's Todd from Detroit. My buddy showed me the site so I signed up. She looks good in your shop, I'm looking forward to watching the progress and seeing some videos with that 355 doin' some hard work.
I got my trans pieces put together tonight, made some quick measurements on the drivline and frame then laughed at how easy this is going to go together. If I get ambitious enough I should post some shots.
Cheers

I like the bagging idea but it would make a heck of a cruiser, don't know about the engine ideas. But looks like a great project keep us up to date.

Hey G.

It's Todd from Detroit. My buddy showed me the site so I signed up. She looks good in your shop, I'm looking forward to watching the progress and seeing some videos with that 355 doin' some hard work.
I got my trans pieces put together tonight, made some quick measurements on the drivline and frame then laughed at how easy this is going to go together. If I get ambitious enough I should post some shots.
Cheers

Hey Todd, welcome to RRR! You'll love this site, be sure and start a build thread on the Roadster!

I cut the rest of the center section of the trunk out, will go back without a tire well

55_Cadillac_30.jpg

Made a crossmember for the airbag mounts and tacked the lower mounts to the axle. I'll drop the axle out and weld all the mounts up and replace the axle and pinion seals.

55_Cadillac_32.jpg

55_Cadillac_33.jpg

55_Cadillac_34.jpg

Latest posts

Back