TiredIornGRB's '55 Cadillac Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went through the rear axle ('75 Chevy truck 12 bolt) and put all new seals, bearings and brakes. Welded in the airbag crossmember then mounted and plumbed the rearbags.

55_Cadillac_50.jpg

55_Cadillac_51.jpg

Here's a short video of the ride height and down to the bump stops.

After installing the bags and bump-stops I think I have a some what safe scrub-line, when I'm flat on the bump-stops the frame is 2" off the ground. When I'm aired up to ride height I can deflate the tires and have about 1.5" of clearance, So as long as I don't lose air pressure on the bags and have a flat at the same time I should be ok.

55_Cadillac_54.jpg

I've started fabbing up a new trunk floor, will mount the compressor and airtank on the top shelf area.

55_Cadillac_59.jpg

55_Cadillac_60.jpg

It's looking good TI, I think I can hear it crying for a LARGE Caddy motor! [cl472 or even better, a 500!........CR:D

After fitting all the trunk panels I removed them again to make airtank and compressor mounts.

55_Cadillac_63.jpg

55_Cadillac_64.jpg

I used some plastic electric conduit and fittings to protect the airlines.

55_Cadillac_71.jpg

I fabbed some shock mounts and installed the front bags.

55_Cadillac_70.jpg

Here's some pics of the trunk panels after final fitting, I'll remove them one more time to paint them and put bedline on the rest of the trunk area.

55_Cadillac_73.jpg

55_Cadillac_74.jpg

55_Cadillac_75.jpg

Got the engine and transmission mounts fabbed up. Headers fit like a glove.

55_Cadillac_80.jpg

55_Cadillac_81.jpg

55_Cadillac_82.jpg

Driveshaft looks like it will clear the floor but I may have to run a two piece with a mid-shaft bearing.

55_Cadillac_83.jpg

Latest posts

Back