38 Dodge Truck Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your truck is shaping up very nicely VonRatty. Good job by you I say!

thank you Gastrick,

I appreciate everyone's input a lot. my pedal assembly is going to be the hardest thing to do on this thing because I plan on building the whole thing myself, and let me tell you what building some of this stuff from scratch when you have never done it before can really get to ya. I have had many a night lying in bed re-thinking things and then i have to go back and redo them.

more steering

well got the shaft all snugged in but i now need to shorten it up as you can see
6940e609.jpg

aa5df78c.jpg

side note

been meaning to build some of these clamps so i did i need to thin out the middle pieces of metal to narrow the gap but i think they will work great for when i chop the top

b2615cba.jpg

just followed the whole thread.......really nice work, man[cl[cl

makes me wanna go out and start another one!!:D:D

it all looks super--thanks for movin to this forum too, BTW

I'm back ......

Well it sure has been awhile since i have posted anything but than again i haven't really got much done so i will try to start where i left off

I shortened the bed sides more and got them mounted i dont have a picture of the side view but only the way i mounted them for now i will post a different picture later.

171c9905.jpg

b2359780.jpg

I took the corner of the bed stake pocket and rounded off the bottom and thinking about trimming off where the white line is drawn on the second photo of the stake pocket

02fba633.jpg

a03eb734.jpg

kinda will make it look more 30'ish style bed side maybe ? let me know what ya think ?

I also got the steering shaft shortened u cant really tell in this photo i will have to try to upload one later but u can see my kick ass free suicide knob !

40f55f90.jpg

I also got my gas tank mounted in the bed started

6f2116e3.jpg

that's it for now i will try to post more if i get a chance to work on it
let me know what ya think

2ee8d3ca.jpg

Nice build! I like the transmission doghouse you built. It kind of looks like an old outboard motor cover.

Like I said before, Dodges are taking over the site! [ddd :cool:

Latest posts

Back