Just picked this one up.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

towb3

May not really be considered a true muscle car but it is from the era and working on the look. 1965 Dodge Polara. Big block mopar, 383 with torqueflite 727 trans.

Here are a couple pictures.
DSCF2050.jpg

DSCF2048.jpg

DSCF2045.jpg

DSCF2047.jpg

Thanks. It was a decent trade I think. Traded my s10 for it. Needs some work but nothing like what is needed for our rats.

Looks "Muscle" enough to me!:D Congrats on a great trade![cl...CR

I unfortunately lost out on the trade. Gave a just a little bit of cash, but the engine and trans in the truck were valued well over the asking price of the car. Gotta make sacrifices I guess. We were working on the brakes last night which somehow lead to a timing chain issue after test drive. lol. Tore it apart last night and should be able to get it back on the road shortly.

Thanks guys. I have it back together again but I think I am going to take sometime to get it cleaned up a bit. Engine looks pretty ugly. It will be getting cleaned up and back to looking decent I guess before it hits the road again. Shouldn't take too entirely long hopefully.

The s10 was solid. Had a fresh 355ish small block with all the shiny stuff 7000 miles on a new hopped up 700r4 trans. Solid body overall and a good looking truck. I gave him a lil bit of cash. I still have to get the interior taken care of on this car. Clean the engine bay up. They didn't jam it when they painted. Brakes have their issues right now also. Once that is all taken care of, it will be getting traded for something else. I took it as a stepping stone care. I would rather have a early '50s belair or a rat until mine is done. Something else fun to drive. This thing is a snail compared to the s10 but it gets a tone of looks............... When its not broken. haha.

Not to take anything away from that S-10, cause I'm sure it flew, but that Polara just reeks of charisma. I have a feeling it might grow on you. Spend a little time tuning that 383, it'l get the job done.

Why? are you interested in it. lol. No, it isn't as solid as it looks. It is sugar coated. Looks fantastic now, no telling how long it will look that way though. It is a nice car, but we do body work the right way, and it wasn't done right by the previous owner. It was built as a "look good now car." Underside will need some work, which may get done, but I don't know if I want to bother with that much. The floors look free of rot, but there could have been more effort put into it overall. It does grow on me lil by lil, but still it isn't my cup o'tea. I just don't know about it yet. We will have to see. The best part is the first time I sat in the car, I realized that I could probably fit 7-8 good lookin' ladies in the car, not including the space for the dead bodies. heh.

Latest posts

Back