I like rust...but, what can I do with this?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torch.But dont get it too hot to warp.If you take your time you can also grind it.If you use heat.Make sure the shop door is open and you got a fan runnin.That lead is the good stuff that they used in the old days. More than likley toxic.The fumes might get to ya.

Lets see the spot that we are talkin about.Got a pic?

Well, I would have taken a picture but after 10 more hours of rust removal (half of it up side down) I just turned the lights of and closed the door of my very dirty red oxide shop.:eek:

Tomorrow, clean up and pictures..... OK, and maybe a little more sanding. I think I could sand forever on this thing if I wanted to. (but I'm not going to:D)

Ok, I sanded all day, after a clean up and still have another day of it.:D
Funny, but I dont mind it. Its allmost relaxing and very rewarding.

Here are some pictures.

35 Master, one of these pics is of an area under lead that has to be fixed.

Attachments

• body work 002 (Medium).jpg
    body work 002 (Medium).jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 43
  • body work 004 (Medium).jpg
    body work 004 (Medium).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 29
  • body work 007 (Medium).jpg
    body work 007 (Medium).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 49
  • body work 008 (Medium).jpg
    body work 008 (Medium).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 49
24 Dodge, I take it you have used Ospho before. There are some almost closed sections that I cant sand inside. I wont even be able to spray completely inside. Any experience with this problem?

35 Master, I am going to get some Gibbs. Not for the main rust kill on the body but for everything else. What do you think it would do in these cavities I cant get into?

24 Dodge, I take it you have used Ospho before. There are some almost closed sections that I cant sand inside. I wont even be able to spray completely inside. Any experience with this problem?

35 Master, I am going to get some Gibbs. Not for the main rust kill on the body but for everything else. What do you think it would do in these cavities I cant get into?

It will get in there.I know of a few people that have used it and they swear by it.Just spray it in there and use shop air to push it inside of stuff .

Ok, I sanded all day, after a clean up and still have another day of it.:D
Funny, but I dont mind it. Its allmost relaxing and very rewarding.

Here are some pictures.

35 Master, one of these pics is of an area under lead that has to be fixed.

I cant really see any real damage??

I cant really see any real damage??

In the last picture (the close up), the seam at the corner of the roof opening is coming apart. There is a couple more things like this. Nothing too bad.

I cant wait to get that Gibbs stuff. Sounds like a wonder drug for old cars.:D I went to the website and they have quite a testimonial section there.

Thanks 35

Go to Home Depot or Lowes and pick up either a Norton or 3-M Rust Buster Cookie- they make em for hand grinders or for a drill- I use both- the one for the drill fits nicely in my rt. angle die grinder....... It will leave that metal shiney...... The wheels are black, seen them in purple too. both work awesome. wear goggles.

Latest posts

Back