Need help with my chop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bruno my 31 chevy looks just like this and I have a plain bucket seats in mine and no chop ,,, my knees touch the dash ,, my seat is mounted on a 2x4 box its about 2" taller than it needs and no leg room at all .. I do not like it .. one day I'm going to modify a new seat .. my steering wheel is about an 8" ,,, It couldnt be much bigger , my knee wouldnt fit between it and the door

Bruno my 31 chevy looks just like this and I have plain bucket seats in mine and no chop ,,, my knees touch the dash ,, my seat is mounted on a 2x4 box its about 2" taller than it needs and no leg room at all .. I do not like it .. one day I'm going to modify a new seat .. my steering wheel is about an 8" ,,, It couldnt be much bigger , my knee wouldnt fit between it and the door

These cabs look good at 3" great at 4" hard to see out of at 5".
Throw in a bit of a channel and you're miserable right after the first person says, there's no way I could fit in there and they are only 5' 8" tall.
This 35 Dodge is a similar truck that my customer bought with a 3" chop and a 6" channel. He ended up having me remove the channel and put it back to original. He's 6' tall and still cramped for leg room.
I also Z'd the frame 6" in the front and 16" in the back so the cab would sit low.
attachment.php

+100000000
i wish to heck i didnt put all the work into channeling mine
it aint gonna be quick and easy to undo
i got no room for my feet , can barely fit in it and i am 5.10 and skinny
AND i have the tiniest 3 inch thick boat seats i could find just sitting on the floor with no bracket underneath

There are ways around the cramped cab problem. You can extend the cab back or the cowl forward. If you make your own frame, you could even bump the frame out along the side edge of the cab and drop the floor pans to the bottom edge of the frame rail.

Is it possible or has it been done, just stretching the the cab behind the door jam 6"-8" for more leg room?

Might I suggest... stretching it in the middle?

I hacked a restored truck's photo and I'm guessing 6" chop, 6'' stretch in the doors...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 31 chevy pu - Copy.jpg
    31 chevy pu - Copy.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 31 chevy pu.jpg
    31 chevy pu.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 104
Dr, this truck has my bed on it ,, every one always told me it didnt belong on there , that it came from something else ... this green truck is the 3rd truck ive seen plus mine with this bed on it ..

Capturebed.jpg

Y.T.... the blue bed looks deeper than the green one... at the rear from the bead down.

I have nothing else except, "your guess is as good as mine." :( [S

Dr. I was looking at the design more than the other . they told me once that the trucks was ordered with a long or short bed on it , you decided what you wanted when it came in and they had different manufacturers for the beds

Can someone post a picture of what the header piece on a 31 Chevy truck looks like that goes between the top of we shield and the roof sheet metal. Or maybe it's part of the windshield?

Latest posts

Back