Got the Old Girl out the other day....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtpontiac

Older, Wiser and Still Buildin'
Still working on the lift off hood .....looking into fiberglass front and rear bumpers.....it is alive....:D

Attachments

• 63 Back in the sun 2  4 19 15.jpg
    63 Back in the sun 2 4 19 15.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 81
Nice looking ride Sarge. Brings back fond memories of the good old days of when cars were pleasing just to look at them. Even better to drive em.

Thanks Pops...

She was fun to drive with the 389...even more so with the 421...I picked up a posi diff with a 456 gear....but think I'll get the motor a bit more broken in before I change that out...hard to find those drop out pumpkins anymore...this one was completely rebuild with a new set of gears but never got installed...456 is way too steep for the street...410 would be perfect...has a 356 one legger in it now...

Factory 4spd....

4-speed or slushbox? Where would you find 'glass bumpers?

VFN has a lot of panels for the B body in from 60 up...if I'd found them sooner I might have just ordered the hood instead of reworking a second one I had....Bumpers are 225 plus 20 bucks to crate up and about 80 bucks shipping.... but was considering a road trip to get them....Addison IL...
The need lead time as they cast them after you order them....guess I wouldn't try to stock 63 B body Pontiac parts either....lol...

Nice.. On the bumpers, Could you use your old ones to make molds and then lay up your own?
I've seen it done. Bumpers, hood, front fenders, inner fenders. Of course they will be a little bit off, size wise. But bumpers would hardly show.

Latest posts

Back