Father and son '35 hotrod project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cab cut down

12.jpg

The interior frame

The frame had to be keep low for interior head room. What good is a low sitting ratrod if you can't sit in it. We still had to maintain what little ground clearance we needed.
2aaz3.jpg

Last edited:
Rear shot

Now the rear end is starting to come together. We've installed a buggy spring for the proper look out back. Good friends come around and dump off their "junk" at my door for this project. Great junk too. Here we're using what's left of a bent up model A frame.
2aaz5.jpg

Front suspension

Front end is finally in place. The project called for a suicide front with a 4"
I-beam drop axle.
3b.jpg

I am starting to see the big picture now.

Truck looks great. Sweet, and clean build. You both have something to be proud of besides each other.

Your build looks great. I just finished my first Rat Rod also. I've also built my own race cars and restored Muscle Cars but my "Rat" was just loads of fun and done in record time for me. I'm ready for another one or two.

Technically, I don't think that your front end is a "Suicide" anymore since the frame rails go over and past the axle.

Is that a 64-65 Chevelle back there in post 22?

Last edited:
That's a radical looking truck man! Too cool! Those rear tires are awesome! The whole thing just goes together well. I can't wait until my son and I get moving again on our project 51 f1.

Thunder1

Latest posts

Back