Duece Of Spades

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be willing to buy a copy or two to sent to RRR members to watch. Sort of a pay it forward deal. You watch it and sent it to the next person. Deal?

How many miles can a DVD travel and return to you? I'll play that game if we have enough players. :D

Okay, I just ordered a copy and will sent it to Dr. C when it arrives. Dr. C. will sent it to the Sarge. Sarge, after you watch it, could you post for the next viewer? First person to respond will be next.

A question: Should we limit this to members who have been around for a certain number of posts? The reason I ask is I lent a book to a member who had only a couple posts. Guy never posted again and kept the book.

I finally got to see Iron Sky, the CG was awesome and it was pretty neat to see what a moonbase and flying saucers would look like if developed out of 1945 technology.
Some Gonads here in the States bought the distribution rights to Iron Sky to keep people from being able to see it probably before the election or maybe even not at all because it is pretty satirical but they played the hand well and made a really great movie. Think Dr. Strangelove.

I found a non regional blue ray copy on ebay and I think i've watched it about 20 times since like June ... same thing with deuce of Spades had to see it over and over and over...

The Iron Sky team was pretty ticked off about the distribution for England and north america being bought up to keep it out of theaters and they are coming out with a directors cut with more space battles and more jokes that got edited out to get it into a theater timeframe.

Okay, I just ordered a copy and will sent it to Dr. C when it arrives. Dr. C. will sent it to the Sarge. Sarge, after you watch it, could you post for the next viewer? First person to respond will be next.

A question: Should we limit this to members who have been around for a certain number of posts? The reason I ask is I lent a book to a member who had only a couple posts. Guy never posted again and kept the book.

It's your deal bob, you be the moderator, or how bout members with 500 or more posts? Put me in line for the deal. I'll pm you my address?

Guys....The girl who made this movie (Faith Grainger) probably could use the money that this movie's sales generates. It never went to the theatres and went straight to DVD....She probably is dependent on that $20 or so from each movie to cover her costs.....I doubt that she covered her costs yet....Buy the friggin movie, its worth it...I did.

Stroker,
I thought about that before I set this deal up. I have bought 5 copies so far. Two to keep (although I can only find one of them) and I gave two away. Now the fifth one will be circulating. Obviously the guys here that want to see the show have not bought it in the two years it has been out. Think of this like borrowing a book from the library. Also, if someone watches it they might want to buy a copy or will talk to friends about it. That word of mouth could sell more DVD's.

I encourage anyone here on RRR to buy their own. However, I have talked to her in person twice and believe she would appreciate the exposure handing a DVD around will create. Since this is the first in a trilogy maybe the viewers will buy the next offering.

On her website there is merchandise for sale too. Someone watching the movie might buy something from her website.

It might be fun to track how far the DVD travels.

Also, if you sign up remember you will have to pay postage to send it to the next recipient.

I think that circulating it like this will give great exposure and could actually really help boost the sales of the film. Word of mouth is a wonderful thing!!

Good question.

"A man is only as good as his word".

The PM system should prove invaluable here. If you want to be next, send your request to the "holding member". First come, first served, but contributing members get priority. If Joe Blow From Idaho sends a request you can ignore it and send to the next guy on the list.

Guys....The girl who made this movie (Faith Grainger) probably could use the money that this movie's sales generates. It never went to the theatres and went straight to DVD....She probably is dependent on that $20 or so from each movie to cover her costs.....I doubt that she covered her costs yet....Buy the friggin movie, its worth it...I did.

I think Bob's idea is a great way to accomplish a few things...

1) Prove the honesty and integrity of the membership. Doing what you say when you say it builds comroddery. (Not a typo)

2) As mentioned, follow a single item around the continent. Like a message in a bottle, it's interesting to see where it turns up next.

3) Also mentioned, effectively promote sales. If it's half as good as it sounds, I'll order a copy and my friends will definitely hear about it. (Thanks for the link Stroker).

Bob, thank you for starting this. I'll PM my address.

Sarge, send me yours...

I'm on the fence on this one. My B-I-L made an independent film - it ain't easy and takes serious cash even for a low budget. But, I'm not one to watch a movie twice. Guess if I participate, I'll have to buy some merchandise.

Be honest and don't kid yourselves, generating interest doesn't do her any good if others just go and borrow a copy too. If you like it, show your support.

I am a lover of movies and am thinking about ordering one just because. Pretty much all I ever watch are movies. My wife and I have a collection of 4-500, all bought, none burnt. And believe me, if it is half as good as it sounds, I will buy a copy and the rest of the trilogy when they are available.

I also would like to just participate in the around the globe copy just because it will be neat to see where all it makes it. Maybe we could even start a thread with pictures of the disc in front of signs to show where it has been? Or find some way to autograph it or stickers? Send like a passport with it or something.

Heck, I could probably hand deliver it and get a chance to say hello....or vise versa...:D

Sounds like a plan Sarge!!! You me and DirtyRat called all get together for an RRR party and joint viewing!

So do I. I have a location or two in mind already...

I don't have any good spots around here so mine would have to just kind of be plain..... but I still think it would be neat to do!

I'm game.....!!

Sounds like a plan Sarge!!! You me and DirtyRat called all get together for an RRR party and joint viewing!

I don't have any good spots around here so mine would have to just kind of be plain..... but I still think it would be neat to do!

Like the picture thing too....would be neat to get the video with copies of pics where it's been...then take a few more and send it out again....cool idea...[cl

Latest posts

Back