New Member Denton, TX

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starrkustompaint

Hello There. New member here from DFW area.

My daily driver is a '38 Chevy pickup with a '40 Ford bed running on an S-10 frame with a 350 SBC. I have had this on the road for about 2 years but it's about to get a heart transplant with a new crate 350. The previous owner rebuilt the 350 that's in it and it's never been on track/smokes etc. so decided to just go with a crate and keep it simple.

The truck was built by my buddy Kurt from Rebel Rouser Hot Rods, he is also the head honcho at Dirty South Gassers. I do all their lettering, pinstriping and graphic work and they decided to surprise me a couple years back by building me this truck.

Been around and working on hot rods for 30+ years since I was a teenager working for my Dad's company Starr Kustom Paint which he started in San Antonio in 1977. I ran the business with him up until he died and a few years ago relaunched it. Here's a few pics of my '38 when it was unveiled, as well as a shot of the doors I recently repainted with the Starr Kustom logo.

I get a lot of emails from guys asking about making their graphics look old etc. so was thinking of putting some short tutorials together to post here. Let me know if there is any interest in that.

Happy to be here and looking forward to getting to know everybody.

sign-painters-hot-rod-10.jpg

sign-painters-hot-rod-07.jpg

sign-painters-hot-rod-01.jpg

sign-painters-hot-rod-12.jpg

21271096_171167213453587_4535689767753765917_n.jpg

Welcome to Undead Sleds
Nice work on the lettering. It has that late sixties and seventies look [cl :cool:
I for one would welcome the tutorials on vintage lettering methods [P[P[P

Thanks Old Iron. 60's/70's was when my Dad was drag racing so it really influenced everything we did. Ha, if you hang around long enough everything comes back in style!

Welcome

Welcome from Ontario, and I too am looking forward to the tutorials! My wife is offering to give the lettering on our next project a go, so your timing couldn't be better.

This is a great site, you'll love it here.

Latest posts

Back