Jordy - Your average 37 Tudor Sedan 4x4 build - Revision II

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice air cleaner, just put it out and let it rust some. [cl

Did it run and sound the way you wanted it to[S

Also really like what your doing in the front end. [;)

Over the last week or two, I have just been welding.
I now have a working passenger door, and steering.
I also got a windshield frame, and glass (glass not getting installed until last)

By this weekend all my wiring should be here, so should have working lights soon.
I also ordered a brake booster, master cylinder, brake pedal combo, and a throttle cable...

Still to do... Mount the new parts when they arrive, put hinges and latches on drivers door, mount radiator and fans...
Brake lines... then I think it's onto floors!

front%20closer_zpsmujz7vli.jpg

Closer%20Rear_zpsmfxnvmsr.jpg

Hey Blue, it seems like I remember a truck you were building around '07 with a VW front suspension. That was a cool truck and this is also. I'm just up the road in Jacksonville.

Over the last week or two, I have just been welding.
I now have a working passenger door, and steering.
I also got a windshield frame, and glass (glass not getting installed until last)

By this weekend all my wiring should be here, so should have working lights soon.
I also ordered a brake booster, master cylinder, brake pedal combo, and a throttle cable...

Still to do... Mount the new parts when they arrive, put hinges and latches on drivers door, mount radiator and fans...
Brake lines... then I think it's onto floors!

front%20closer_zpsmujz7vli.jpg

Closer%20Rear_zpsmfxnvmsr.jpg

I'm envisioning something like that as a year-round DD right now. [dr

Looks awesome!

Lol, I like the way you guys think.

I have some 2" tube, and am wondering about making some running boards out of it... some square tube under the edge of the body, and the 2" tube fender to fender, then skin the top with some sheet metal.. I wonder how it would look.

Might have to mock it up

Lol, I like the way you guys think.

I have some 2" tube, and am wondering about making some running boards out of it... some square tube under the edge of the body, and the 2" tube fender to fender, then skin the top with some sheet metal.. I wonder how it would look.

Might have to mock it up

Similar to what's on some new trucks. I think it would look good.

This weekend I got the brake booster/master cylinder, brake pedal, etc all hung, and ordered some lines, proportioning valve, residual pressure valve, etc.

Decided it needed some running boards, so I whipped some up with some 2" tube, some sheet metal, and expanded metal.

Running_zpshgohhdzg.jpg

I also started tacking in the floors. got almost the whole rear done, and the passenger floor..

Floor_zpsmlkjyywh.jpg

So, I got a little sidetracked with some work on the 1930, and
knocking out a quick motorcycle build.
BUT, now that those are done, I am back on this car.

This weekend I knocked out the brake lines, and now have brakes.
Got the E-Brake cables, and handle done. Got a license plate light done
(so all the lights/turn signals/etc are working) and some more welding.

I was ready to do mount the radiator, but found a crack in one of the tanks
(Plastic stock Jeep) so now I need to come up with the spare change to order a new one.

Once I manage to get a new radiator in and mounted, I think the last thing is exhaust.
Then finish out the floors and throw in some seats.. The end is getting near!

So Last week I was able to get a new radiator. Spent a little more, but got one that fit in front so that I don't have to run the hoses to the rear
got the hoses on, transmission lines, fans, etc..

I was able to mount both front seats, get the E brake handle mounted and working, and install the windshield along with one wiper.

Today (for you offroad guys) I was able to get rid of the crappy 249 Transfer case. Did a input shaft swap and mounted up a 231.
Now I have the option for 2wd, and got rid of that viscus coupling in the 249, so I have a true 50/50 lock in 4wd.. Much better :)

First time the 37 has moved under it's own power.. Long way to go, but big milestone
(This after starting it Friday, thought had bad head gasket, removed, replaced, still had a problem.
Turns out it was a cracked head, replaced head today, and all better!)

Video Here

Latest posts

Back