Rat sunbeam tiger

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jan 1 starts a new build been gathering parts for about a month now and all the ducks are in a row. Uall may remember the rat isseta from years back, that car is gone now livin in germany. The new build will be in the same vain and odley the same color.
Sorry having trouble loading pics now can't remember how

pics

picture test

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 025 - Copy.jpg
    025 - Copy.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 144
Some progress

Kinda layin things out step still I have some pics but forgot how to insert the pics I'LL GET MY GRAND Daughter to help me tonite

I would have had a hard time cutting that one up.

Its funny what we hold sacred and what we will cut up at the drop of a hat.

Did you get the original 360/4-speed that Mister Shelby put in your Tiger? That would move it down the street nicely. :D

rust

To answer Flipper and Skip the car was a rust bucket and couldn't have ever been restored it also had no drive train at all. I saved the door quarters and hood with cowl/wind shield quess that'll have to do it...Thanks Dave

To answer Flipper and Skip the car was a rust bucket and couldn't have ever been restored it also had no drive train at all. I saved the door quarters and hood with cowl/wind shield quess that'll have to do it...Thanks Dave
I'm just curious. I worked in a foreign car wrecking yard in the early '70s in So. Cal. We had a few wrecked Tigers, and the drive trains were a hot ticket. 360 Ford engines. Balance,d blueprinted, bunch of speed equipment. Guys would buy them and just put them in a hot rod. No upgrades needed. Of course they were way over powered in a Sunbeam Tiger. Thus the repeated interactions with telephone poles, etc.

Have fun with your project. It looks like you are well on your way.
icon14.gif

Engine size

Hi skip sorry they only put ford v8's with 260 or 289 cubic inch in the tigers.....side note i raced a 61 alpine with a 1000 cc motor in scca in the 1970's man it was fun no door handle to door handle just for time on a road course, ps i also worked in a wrecking yard late 60's.

Hi skip sorry they only put ford v8's with 260 or 289 cubic inch in the tigers.....side note i raced a 61 alpine with a 1000 cc motor in scca in the 1970's man it was fun no door handle to door handle just for time on a road course, ps i also worked in a wrecking yard late 60's.
LOL. My bad. Fumble fingers strikes again! :p I was typing 260, but my fingers hit 360. That would be a monster! :D

Latest posts

Back