New Muscle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Things are getting a little crazy here. Stroker kit and BTR Stage 2 Positive Displacement Blower Cam, specs are 227/242 @ .050" .614"/.592" lift 122 lsa+6* advance with dual valve spring, Ti retainer and push rods and LS7 roller lifters. Should easily see 600+hp.

Well the next couple days turned into a couple months. There was an electrical problem the shop couldn't track down so they took it to a dealer where it sat for 3 weeks and nothing was done.
So they took it to another dealer that found the problem. There was a short in the engine harness and it blew the ECM. So they ordered a harness for a ZL1 and ECM. Turns out the harness for a ZL1 is totally different from a harness for a LSA conversion. The reordered a harness for a SS but it was backordered. So I had to wait another 3 weeks.

Finally got it all back together and running but there was no low end power and getting an error code for cam/crank correlation. They check the crank reluctor and it had move and was out of phase so they had to pull the engine and remove the crank to replace and reposition the reluctor.

They finally got it back together again and on the dyno this morning. Final number 609 whp and 523 ft/lbs torque. That's over 700 hp at the crank. Time to go Hellcat hunting.

Didn't realize you had that much trouble till I read this post.

Let us know the first time you put a Hell Cat to sleep.

Here kitty kitty! Lol

I have the Dodson tool just for setting the crank wheels. I'm not very trusting when it comes to something that can cost me hours of labor later to correct. Those are good numbers to. You should be happy with that. I did an 08 ZO6 with a supercharger and it was in the 590 whp range... rolling 60 mph burn outs with 325's are fun! [cl

Is there a time and place where you can do some high speed driving?

My neighbor is the Manager of the local small airport and he's a car guy.
He said to bring it out anytime he's there and we'll go down the runway.
Plus in NM we lots of long straight roads out in the middle of nowhere just have to watch out for the coyotes and jackalopes. :D

Plus in NM we lots of long straight roads out in the middle of nowhere just have to watch out for the coyotes and jackalopes. :D

I don't think you have to worry about any Ford 5.0 Coyotes...Who makes the Jackalope motor? [cl

Latest posts

Back