Pickup bed "channeling"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kikerman

First of all I hope you forgive me for my bad English, ok I'm working on a ford f1 1951 I want to channel de bed, I look several pics but im no sure how to do it, any help will be appreciated!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 49
You would typically remove the bed floor to get it to lower over the frame and rebuild it later for clearance. From the look of you rear end setup this may be problematic but that part could stick up through the bed floor or you could cover it, I've seen it done both ways.

Toad

Todd's got it. cut out floor, lower body, weld in new floor or the old one if its good to go. [cl If your changing the transmission wait till it's in and build around it.[;)

Your english is at least as good as mine ;)

Install the bed last. After the cab is in place. That way you can adjust it to look right. Then follow the advice above. There are man build threads that show how other builders did their beds.

Welcome, and have fun.

More pictures please. :D

I channelled the cab 1st, then took the bed apart, bobbed it 6", mounted both sides then connected the back to the sides. I used 1"x2" steel tubing to build a platform & put expanded metal on top of that so I could use it as a truck but still see the quick change rear end!

BoB

Attachments

• channelcab.jpg
    channelcab.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 46
  • bedrear.jpg
    bedrear.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 45
  • bed1.jpg
    bed1.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 47
  • bed2.jpg