Riding in the rain

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

How many of you actually aren't afraid to drive your car in the rain? I've been reluctant on mine, not because I was afraid of getting it wet, but because I don't have wipers yet. Went to our monthly cruise in last night, after about 1 1/2 hours, the rain set back in. I knew it was a possibility, was hoping it would hold off though. So, I was stuck having to drive home in a light rain. I had Rain X on the windsheild that helped, but didn't do as good as I had hoped it would. I was surprised the flat glass held water like it did. Old girl handled fine on wet road, just was a bit aggravating having to keep a window down and the cowl vent open to keep the windsheild from fogging up inside. Heat / AC unit is for sure on the next want list. As well as some kind of wiper, even if it's only on the drivers side.

I've driven both my 40 Pontiac and my 33 Pontiac in the rain.
Drove the 40 from Springfield Mo to Quincy Il and back, no problems, with only rain x
I spray the Rain X on the windshield and let it completely dry before taking a dry towel and rubbing it till it doesn't have any smears.

I'm driving mine to Puyallup in 2 weeks, which will be over 3600km's round trip. I routinely take mine out to do errands when it's raining, it spent most of its time in the bush in the elements, a little more rain won't hurt it.

I was at a cruise night on Tuesday, there was a rain cloud headed for us and three quarters of the guys left. We just got a few drops, nothing to run from, and stayed for well over an other hour. I just don't get it.

I also have wipers, heat, and defrost, so that all helps...

I don't have a windshield or any windows and rain don't bother me any. I can lie low enough that not much rain hits me directly while at speed.

Haven't had the chance in the sprint it does have wipers but no heat or windows, but, got caught a few times in the willys, no wipers but my line of sight was 2" over the windshield just had to wipe the goggles a few time. Also no hood but the engine worked fine.

I don't understand the "I can't drive in the rain" either. So sweet they'll melt[S

I've used RainX before, mostly on side glass and mirrors. Seems to work on some windsheilds better than others for me. I put it on my Freightliner Columbia's windsheild, and it would bead up, but not run off, no matter how fast you drove, and it's a curved glass. Used it on a flat glass Peterbilt that had each glass angled to the side and it worked great. That was what surprised me on the Lincoln, the glass is flat, slightly angled back at the top, and it would barely run off once you got up about 50 mph, would only bead up below that.

One thing I liked though, even with the side glass down, very little rain came in. Strange, most cars you roll the side glass down and you get soaked.:rolleyes:

I have my windshield still tilted out and haven't closed the door windows yet. I do have a single DS wiper but it needs some work on the arm to make it work good on my glass. I've been avoiding most of the showers but have been caught. I'm still looking for the right pan to cover my breather a little better. I'm ok until it starts filling the cab enough to drown out my radio on the floor.:D

since i am fenderless and the tires stick way out from the body
i like driving in the rain
i get to drive between four rooster tails of water wherever i go![cl

My truck has a plexi windshield with holes drilled in it for nature's A/C & no wipers. I try not to drive in the rain but have been caught in it of course. What does scare me are the other krazzzzy drivers on the road. I'd hate to have a wreck in the ol death trap! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Lots of times. Drive it in all kinds of weather. Too fun not to.:p
Tim

Attachments

• 1150416_10201906385769563_1142919128_n.jpg
    1150416_10201906385769563_1142919128_n.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 555263_3666282463953_1481530747_33289623_1899197647_n.jpg
    555263_3666282463953_1481530747_33289623_1899197647_n.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 16
RainX for me. I have the same fogging on the inside problem too. BUT, I have RainX anti-fog for that now - no now worries as long as it's not pouring down.

Latest posts

Back