Ford falcon club wagon

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goodies arrived today

Attachments

• 1101191155a_HDR.jpg
    1101191155a_HDR.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 1101191155_HDR.jpg
    1101191155_HDR.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 45
That motor just looks so bland, so plain :rolleyes:.
Like it was meant to be hidden.:rolleyes: It just screams for you to make it pretty![cl[cl[cl
Hard to believe how much HP they can put out.

I thought about going the 4.6 route with my car, but I don't want to fool with all the wiring. And those things are as big or bigger than a big block 460! That Coyote is going to be a hood, er, maybe that's a FLOOR full in the van![ddd

That motor just looks so bland, so plain :rolleyes:.
Like it was meant to be hidden.:rolleyes: It just screams for you to make it pretty![cl[cl[cl
Hard to believe how much HP they can put out.

I thought about going the 4.6 route with my car, but I don't want to fool with all the wiring. And those things are as big or bigger than a big block 460! That Coyote is going to be a hood, er, maybe that's a FLOOR full in the van![ddd

It's not a Coyote. It's a 2.3 EcoBoost 4 cylinder. :)

Sno Pro is right that is a 4-cylinder 2.3 l EcoBoost out of a 2017 Mustang. They still make incredible power for their size my buddy has one and a Mustang and that puts 400 horse to the ground. The coyote motor is for my Fairlane

I had a mazda speed 3 with that motor and it was as elegant as driving a sledgehammer. you could see a gap in traffic a 1/4 mile up before your exit and just drive to it.

one day I was loafing on the highway and passed a guy in an explorer, no malice, just a pass, he took offense and pulled around me at 100+ and then stuck me behind him with a semi blocking the right lane. I was beside the semi and it was a three lane highway, the car had the power to get behind the semi then completely around it and in front of HIM, before he could accelerate past the semi.

insane power, the only real drawback is the engine uses direct injection so there is a limit to tuning because the high pressure pump is mechanical and ecu tuning has a hard upper limit unless you upgrade that pump, which is crazy money (as much as another donor motor). you cant add upstream injectors like most turbos either, because the engine runs crazy high compression and would just detonate spectacularly.

I think it might be my perfect engine though, I have wanted an ecoboost mustang for years, it will keep up with a v8 mustang in the corners because of the better balance

Shows how much I pay attention! Thought that looked funny for a Coyote.:rolleyes:

I guess I remembered you saying something about a Coyote for the Fairlane..........maybe I need to get good awake before I post! :eek::eek::D:D

Hahahaha, its all good!! I cant keep my own projects straight let alone someone elses

I had a mazda speed 3 with that motor and it was as elegant as driving a sledgehammer. you could see a gap in traffic a 1/4 mile up before your exit and just drive to it.

one day I was loafing on the highway and passed a guy in an explorer, no malice, just a pass, he took offense and pulled around me at 100+ and then stuck me behind him with a semi blocking the right lane. I was beside the semi and it was a three lane highway, the car had the power to get behind the semi then completely around it and in front of HIM, before he could accelerate past the semi.

insane power, the only real drawback is the engine uses direct injection so there is a limit to tuning because the high pressure pump is mechanical and ecu tuning has a hard upper limit unless you upgrade that pump, which is crazy money (as much as another donor motor). you cant add upstream injectors like most turbos either, because the engine runs crazy high compression and would just detonate spectacularly.

I think it might be my perfect engine though, I have wanted an ecoboost mustang for years, it will keep up with a v8 mustang in the corners because of the better balance

Yeah my buddy has a 2017 Mustang with an ego boost and I've ridden in it a couple times. He has quite a bit of work done to it. The other day he just picked up a different turbo for it and it's insane the power it makes

More tear down this week along with a rough test fit

Attachments

• 1108191604b_HDR.jpg
    1108191604b_HDR.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 60
  • 1108191604a_HDR.jpg
    1108191604a_HDR.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 59
Got some more parts today from Ford performance. We got our wiring kit which includes the computer wiring harness intake intercooler and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff

Finish welding and cleaning up mustang ii front end parts!!

Attachments

• 1112192132_HDR.jpg
    1112192132_HDR.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 49

Latest posts

Back