Ol blue

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
Well I guess I better move this to the build section since it has become more than I had originally anticipated

Some of you may have seen that I picked up another truck this past weekend. It is a 51 Chevy 4400. Has a stationary flatbed on it that's about 10 ft long. The cab is pretty solid on the outside, minor scrapes and dents but that's to be expected. The owner had put some sort of floor mat in it at some point and a trap a bunch of dirt and moisture under it causing the floors to be a little rusty. But that's not anything that cant be fixed. Went and picked it up and brought it home with all intentions of selling it. This morning I got up and put a little WD-40 in each piston hole through the spark plug opening just add a little top-end lubrication on first startup. Clean the points and powered up the coil and starter. Also had to put the carburetor back on top of the intake. There was the original carburetor I'm thinking sitting in a coffee can inside the cab. There was also a second coffee can with what appears to be a brand new carburetor that has never been put on anything. I pulled that one out of the bucket and it had something written on it. In Black permanent marker it said new carburetor for Old Blue. Right then I knew the truck had probably ran pretty good when it was parked other than some carburetion issues or why else would someone have bought a new carburetor for it. Put the new spacer on it and bolted the carburetor down,bumped the starter and it started instantly

Had to pull the inspection cover off the clutch because it was stuck. I got it freed up and roll the truck off a trailer. My master cylinder is leaking so I have ordered a new one.

I drove the truck around the yard a little bit just to get stuff moving make sure it shifted gears and get some heat in the engine. It runs really well and I'm now thinking I might be hanging on to it. We will see

Pics!!!!!

Attachments

• 1102191355_HDR.jpg
    1102191355_HDR.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 1102191419a_HDR.jpg
    1102191419a_HDR.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 1103191001_HDR.jpg
    1103191001_HDR.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 1103191317_HDR.jpg
    1103191317_HDR.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 30
More pics!!

Attachments

• 1103191317b_HDR.jpg
    1103191317b_HDR.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 1103191317c_HDR.jpg
    1103191317c_HDR.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 1103191318_HDR.jpg
    1103191318_HDR.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 1103191644_HDR.jpg
    1103191644_HDR.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 16
Now you are in love....[ddd
Those straight 6's are darn near bullet proof.:D[cl :cool:
[P [P [P
Torchie

This is by far my favorite body style truck. I like the look of this one and I could use it. I would use it to haul Steel and scrap. Would look really good with my logo on the side of it in white!

I stuck a 12-volt battery in it to run the starter and I'm running a ballast resistor for the ignition system and the rest of the truck electrical. Everything works. From the headlights to the fuel gauge. That doesn't happen very often with the truck this old. I actually have a guy who wants to come look at it tomorrow. I'll let him look at it but I am pretty firm on my price, especially now since I got it running

We need to see some pics of that truck with your coupe sitting on the bed.:eek: [ddd :cool: :cool:
That would turn some heads at the local drag strip.:D
[P [P [P
Torchie

Yeah, but he low balled me really bad.

Guess I'll have to keep it for now :rolleyes:

He probably read on here how much you paid for it.....:eek: [ddd
Here's my take on it....
For what you paid for it and the condition it's in, chances of finding another like that are slim.
Even if you don't get to it right away, I would keep it and make it into my shop hauler for at least around town type stuff.
I would put your logo on the door and fade it to match the truck. And put established" The year of your Birth" under it. LOL
[P [P [P

He probably read on here how much you paid for it.....:eek: [ddd
Here's my take on it....
For what you paid for it and the condition it's in, chances of finding another like that are slim.
Even if you don't get to it right away, I would keep it and make it into my shop hauler for at least around town type stuff.
I would put your logo on the door and fade it to match the truck. And put established" The year of your Birth" under it. LOL
[P [P [P

Great minds think alike cuz that's exactly what I was thinking about doing with it

Latest posts

Back