2nd job?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work so many hours on my primary job that I wouldn't have time for a second job if I wanted one. Plus I'm subject to call-out 24/7. The only time I get to work on my hot rods is on the weekends.....sometimes. I just want to retire at this point and get a part time job.

Go for the part time job for a short time, I work 60+ a wk, pt workin for a limo company,pt for a cab co. and the biggest cash grabber coinsides with the hobby(how I got my toys)SCRAPPING so far I have laying around for parts 2 jag frontends,1 jag rearend,2 ford 9" rears,spare metal for brackets, motometer,motors,2 t350,1 t400,3sp man trans,MG windshield posts, oh-yeah my last load was$1698.93 three weeks ago

yeah, i think i'm going to really stretch it for a bit and make some cash, i've decided i'm going to put in a new shed before i spend big cash on my projects. all i have right now is a 12x15 metal shed with a 6' roof and a 5' door. I can't count the number of times i've slammed my head into the door opening in a rush, i hate it. Then i'll stockpile some parts, after that i'll keep the job but have him cut me back to two nights a week or something so i can work on my truck. He's pretty flexible so i think it will work out.

I work 4 ten hour days...........I love it!...........gives me plenty of time to do exactly what I want.(my wife supports everything I do). All the money I spend on my rod comes from ebay........I do realy well on ebay, actually I'm able to put a little extra into the checking account........

To help feed the rat fever, I gig with a band a couple weekends a month.
It's sad though, what they pay for a live band nowadays is similar to what my dad payed in the late 70's to bands that played his bar. And that was just for a 3 piece oompah band. We do try to only book places that give us free adult beverages through the night in addition to the gig money. The extra money does come in handy for the hobbies because tapping the family coffers tends to tick off the finance minister(the wife).

My primary is 4-10 hour days, the second job is 30 to 50 hours a week, then my 3rd job takes up the rest of my time. I average 4.5 hours of sleep a day.
I eat twice a day, and only get about 5 hours a week to work on my ride for now. It being summertime, the sun is up till 10pm out here in the desert, so it gives me some time to work on the rides after hours. Can't wait to get the bills caught back up and ahead of the game again. Only in the winter time does it all slow down.

Maximo

Latest posts

Back