79 chevy pu undercarrage...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only thing I can think of that may be a problem is the fuel tank on the 79 it's outside the frame rail on the 59 it was behind the seat I think. but you could put it anywhere on the 59 it would be a easy move. cool truck by the way!

Check front tread width. Not positive, but I think the 79 might be a little wide for the 59. A 79 Camaro sub was almost to wide for my 59. It doesn't look it here, but I had to cut the inner fender lip and hammer and dolly the opening to give enough clearance to turn the tires (I guess if I hadn't dropped it so far it would have been easier)

Luvs had torsion bar suspension and would a little to narrow. Novas,Camaros,Volares were good donors.

I'm trying to use up some of the parts and peices that i got around here...to make room for more parts and peices....I got 2 chevy luv rolling chasis's.....can they be used for any donor base.for anything?

check the width of the front end, the 71-87 frontend is alittle narrower then the rear, more like the 63-72. the 73-87 rear is to wide, the 71-72 is wider then the 60-66, and not sure about the 67-70 rears. the other problem is the shape of the frame where the cab and bed mount. i have a 63 with a mid 70's front end and a 76 model trans am rear in my truck, the t/a rear is about 1 1/2" narrower then the stocker rear i tore up. hope this helps.

forgot to add the step side box was the same from 55 1/2 to 87, so i would check it out in all ways to see what might work.

I'm trying to use up some of the parts and peices that i got around here...to make room for more parts and peices....I got 2 chevy luv rolling chasis's.....can they be used for any donor base.for anything?

30-40s stuff are pretty narrow.I used a Ford courior frame under my 46.

Latest posts

Back