lost treasures

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiny1

Callin' him Tiny is like callin' Dirty Harry a bea
Not long after the wife i were married way back when. 29yrs ago. I found a truck i wanted and had big dreams for so we picked it up for $100 bucks. Well just being married and starting out with little or nothing and times got a little tougher i had to sell it. Its funny how thing one day doesn't seem to important and later in life you wished you would have held onto it. It was 37 chevy

Attachments

• 1937 Chev 1.jpg
    1937 Chev 1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 1937 Chev 2.jpg
    1937 Chev 2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 1937 Chev 3.jpg
    1937 Chev 3.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 23
"Its funny how thing one day doesn't seem to important and later in life you wished you would have held onto it."

Ever day.It was my first car a 63 1/2 Ford Galaxie XL 500 4dr hard top 390 4bbl black with red int and cruise o matic trans.Can't remember why i sold it but i did and i kick my self ever day for it.:(

Attachments

• galaxie5004doorsedan.jpg
    galaxie5004doorsedan.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 14
I sure miss that truck!

In my 20's I had a beautifully restored '52 5 window cab Chev PU that I loved. My girlfriend @ the time thought I should get a sports car & I did. Now I don't have either one... I sure miss that truck!!! ; - >

BoB

We've all had to sell one or more of our projects or cars over the years just to survive. Then we look back and wish we had found some other way to raise the money.

The one that I really regret giving up was a '47 Ford Fordor sedan. It only had 50,000 miles on it, and was a street rod most of it's life. Had to sell it to raise money to move to Florida, and the man who bought it collected them and said it was the second cleanest '47 he had ever seen in his life.

Oh well, can't cry over spilt milk. :( :( :D

Don

Unlike most here, I've never lost any that I wish I had back or regret letting go. But my pops, that's a different story. Even I start to feel bad when he talks about some of the cars he's given up for one reason or the other over the years.

Latest posts

Back