"field of dreams"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirty58

so ive known about this "field of dreams" for the last 10 years ... Ive been trying to get a car from this yard for years..and its the same thing every time
"NOT FOR SALE" i get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach every time i see this yard knowing that this is probably end up being their graveyard :( unless the owner is gonna fix em (unlikely) these cars havent moved in ten years.

Attachments

• flickas 001.jpg
    flickas 001.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 36
  • flickas 002.jpg
    flickas 002.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 23
  • flickas 004.jpg
    flickas 004.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 26
  • flickas 008.jpg
    flickas 008.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 27
Any reason?

so ive known about this "field of dreams" for the last 10 years ... Ive been trying to get a car from this yard for years..and its the same thing every time "NOT FOR SALE".

Dirty,
I can never firure this out!? THis seems to b a common story... "not for sale"! What are they "saving" these cars for or from? Do they give any reason?

BoB

They won't sell them cause they are buying them, ALL...Parts sell @ market price right, well if you are the market, you make the price. These guys won't sell the whole car, but will probably sell enough to make two cars....

Makes sence to me..

Parts

They won't sell them cause they are buying them, ALL...Parts sell @ market price right, well if you are the market, you make the price. These guys won't sell the whole car, but will probably sell enough to make two cars....

Makes sence to me..

I can understand when they r selling parts off them... but I wonder how many parts they r selling of a '48 Caddy & most of those cars have all the sheetmetal on 'um. Here we have guys that will let old cars just runt into the ground but act insulted if u try to buy it to save it... go figure!

BoB

Dirty,
I can never firure this out!? THis seems to b a common story... "not for sale"! What are they "saving" these cars for or from? Do they give any reason?

BoB
this yard is well hidden on a DEADend street no one lives on the property jus the cars(they have em pretty packed in there). i drive by atleast once a week sumtimes twice...<----stalker.. now and then i get lucky and find someone out there,they wont humor me with conversation they jus say NO!
i dont beleave they sale any parts either, most of em are pretty complete and they never move(trust me)

that stuff is weird, chances are the owner will die and if he has any kids, they will all be crushed :( (or the state will crush them :( )

We got a place like that here in Tx. We call it Candyland. It's about 40 acres of 30's 40's, 50's and 60's. He's got a dozen or so F1 pick ups and delivery vans, several 65/66 Mustangs, several 40's Plymouths/Dodges. He's even got a 41 Ford pick up complete with title for $1500. The great part is that if you don't have the money, he'll let you put some money down and make payments. He'll put it in a special place in the yard, and you can come and work on it while you're paying on it. He'll also ship.
Next time I'm out there I'll get some pics.

Here's the details:

John's Salvage Company
2020 Fox Trotter Rd
Seguin Tx 78115
1-830-379-2092
Mon-Fri 9-5
Sat 9-1

that stuff is weird, chances are the owner will die and if he has any kids, they will all be crushed :( (or the state will crush them :( )

A few years back a friend of mine got in good with really cool old guy with health problems any how this guy had a 64 Impala ss convet and a few ramblers well my friend (who is a painter)Had started to work a deal with this guy on spraying his ss.Some time passed and and the old man wound up in the Er and passed on.So we tryed to buy the ss and the ramblers from the kids but all we got was "not for sale"long story short the ramblers got crushed along with the Impala:eek: .We ask why and all they said was "what did you guys want with those old junkers any way?".

Latest posts

Back