hidden rat rod expenses

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rustolium works well with 50/50 thinner mix and cost far less then regular paint. So if it is a rat your building, industrial primer and paint is the smartest way too go. Forget the PPG...........and for your sand, its free all over the road ways. Your local playground has the perfect sand under the swings....lol...:rolleyes:

Maximo

Electrical.....wire, fuzes, terminals. fuze blocks, tape, bulbs, switches, Circuit breakers (I use them in the healight circuit), .....and beer :D

tools for fabrication.....if you don't have them to begin with, i think i've spent more money on tools then my truck in the last two years. the plus side is that they are only one time purchases and i will will save money down the line when i can fabricate my own stuff.

tools for fabrication.....if you don't have them to begin with, i think i've spent more money on tools then my truck in the last two years. the plus side is that they are only one time purchases and i will will save money down the line when i can fabricate my own stuff.

good point on the tools, before my willys build ive always built motorcycles so i had to go buy alot of car tools floorjacks,engine pullers,jackstands stuff like that:D

Tools, man there is a subject unto itself !!! I know we all started out with a box of sockets and some combination wrenches, but when you start fooling around with cars, you quickly realize the right tool makes the job so much easier and professional looking.

I remember when I saved up for my first arc welder, I thought I was in hog heaven. Then I saved up for some torches, but never had the money to get the tanks, so they sat for a year or two.

I think the money you spend for tools far outweighs the money you put into your car, but it is an investment in every job you do for years to come.

Don

Latest posts

Back