Need help identifying father's 1930 roadster

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aonstott

My father's estate has left me with his 1930's Roadster. I don't know much about it. Yet when I moved it out of storage I got 4 offers within 1 hour. Would some kind soles please babble on and on about what I've got.
The pink slip says it's a 1930 Ford CP. His parents bought it in 1960 and he bought it from them in 1965 and raced it in high school. It's been in a warehouse since then collecting dust. If it is allowed on this forum, any help with worth would be greatly appreciated.
I do not want to abuse this forum so I'm letting you know this is not currently for sale.

Many, many thanks,
AJ

Attachments

• 2 side.jpg
    2 side.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 91
  • cab1.jpg
    cab1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 70
  • engine1.jpg
    engine1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 74
  • engine2.jpg
    engine2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 66
not sure

not sure, but l would change as little as possible. get it road worthy and drive heck outta it, that is one cool time capsule[dr

Later :cool:

Last edited:
She's got a hemi!

I hope that you never sell it and keep it in your family.
Very cool ride. I agree with previous statement. Make it safe to drive and run the wheels off of her!

my opinion

It's a dang fine hotrod with the coolest history you could ask for.
It is a Model T Ford roadster pickup, probably '23 or '24, with a baby Hemi and standard transmission. On the next bigger sized family of Hemis there is a number stamped on the upper right hand side of the front of the block that will tell you your engine size, about an inch and a half ahead of where the oil filler pipe disappears into the valley cover tin. Hopefully you have a number there too. Good luck. Tinker this one up and drive it. You have a Hot rod that brings envy to the toughest of the rest of us.

I say ditch the hitch and and cruise..... and yes I agree '23-24 Ford tin.... there are many of us now irritated that you have found something and had given to you what must of us want and will never have.

Too cool! You'll have to crawl underneath and get some pics of the suspension and steering setup for us to drool over.

I assume it has 40's hydraulic brakes. I think it may have had a fan shroud in between the engine & radiator at one time, as the fan is way far away from the radiator.

Is the motor locked up or does it turn?

Very nice car.[dr Looks like it was well built.
Hope you like old hot rods. If you are seeking more info you can try the HAMB site as well. Lots of very informed traditional hot rod guys on there but not as nice as this site.
Pretty much any hot rod forum will greet you with open arms with a cool old original hot rod like that.
Don't change it. Just make sure it is safe. Clean it up and have fun.
Torchie.

Hi aonstott.
I've changed my mind. The darn old thing is all dusty, there's a hitch on the front, the gas has all evaporated out of it, and it's just going to muss up your hair when you get driving it, so I have the solution for you; I will come over to your house in broad daylight, load the car up, and for a small fee,[less than I'm worth] I will haul it away to the dump for you. :D:D[ddd
I eagerly await your answer.

Latest posts

Back