Well....I just cant....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodney

I went to mr gusetts yesterday eve to get my parts that im not selling with my ih.

I got there and he had it in the middle of his garage getting ready to do the 4 link rear and hes gonna do the front bones and get the semi truck air bags on so i can sell it as a roller.

well......seeing it settin there with nothing on or around it just seemed to renew my desire in it![dr

Ive decided that after he gets it to roller form , im gonna bring it home to a nice cleaned out garage in all its glory and set it in there and slowly chop away at gettin it done.

My family (especially my recently deceased son) was so excited that i just cant suffer another loss. So yer stuck with me.:D:D
Ill post pics when mr gusett gets the front n rear done and i get her home. Tnx everyone...RR

Yep....

Great......I'm glad to hear you are gonna finish it. These old pieces of iron take on a life of their own. They become like an old friend.[cl

Lynn

Always liked your rat. Glad you decided to keep it. Someday you would have regretted not following it through to the end.

good, as the others have said.. I too am happy you aren't giving up.. ! like my build just chip away little by little.. and some day it will get done. All you got to keep reminding yourself is how big you will be grinning when you hit the streets!

Hi ratrodney,
There's no shame in getting someone else to do one small project for you if you've lost your momentum, and the new work restores your drive to build again. Good for you, you've found the answer. Keep on tinkering.

Hi ratrodney,
There's no shame in getting someone else to do one small project for you if you've lost your momentum, and the new work restores your drive to build again. Good for you, you've found the answer. Keep on tinkering.

yeah
once i realized i get to pick my battles.
i rested easier
for instance i aint working on any auto trannys and i wont do paint.
this is supposed to be fun.
and if i find myself dreading it.
i wont do it.

I'm glad you finally came to your senses bro!!! [cl
You woulda been kickin yourself down the road.
That's where I'm at with mine. It's taken almost 3 freakin years, and some days I wanna just give up on it. But I just let it sit for when I get time for it.
I'm happy for you!

Glad you are sticking with it! Park it if you have to , it doesn't cost you anything to sit and wait. I don't care if it is 1/2 done just get it to where you can drive it one time and you will be hooked again hard! [;)

Hi Rodney

I have had issues with many vehicles over the years (and recently too) but if you get rid of something and dont feel any loss or you are actually feel at peace...than it was ment to be gone from your life....If you hem and haw about selling something than maybe God is telling you....you might wanna hold on to it....God wants you to be at peace...not all stressed about it...so if you seem to be at peace with this decision than it is the correct one for sure....

My smelly old 2 cents...

mikeC

Hi Rodney

I have had issues with many vehicles over the years (and recently too) but if you get rid of something and dont feel any loss or you are actually feel at peace...than it was ment to be gone from your life....If you hem and haw about selling something than maybe God is telling you....you might wanna hold on to it....God wants you to be at peace...not all stressed about it...so if you seem to be at peace with this decision than it is the correct one for sure....

My smelly old 2 cents...

mikeC

Amen on that! I get overly wound up. I think i got my head on straight now. RR:D

Latest posts

Back