Whats been done to this Diamond T ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundhouse

Whats been done to this Diamond T, besides lowering?

think it was originally a flatbed?

Ive never seen one with a regular bed & fenders and dual wheels.

I cant tell if the top has been chopped or not, since the Diamond Ts already look chopped.

this one is in Europe somewhere. judging by the front license plate.

Anyone know the year, make/model?

I love this look.
hate to just copy another rig, but this one really appeals to me.

Attachments

• Diamond-T.jpg
    Diamond-T.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 98
No chop at all. Year is hard to say, they used that cab 20 some odd years. Yes they did make them with beds. Front fenders look a lot like 38'ish ford (could be wrong).

Pickups are rare. I've seen maybe a dozen and none were duallys. That's a put together truck. I like the proportions but it must be bagged, you couldn't drive it with the front fender laying on the tire.

No chop at all. Year is hard to say, they used that cab 20 some odd years. Yes they did make them with beds. Front fenders look a lot like 38'ish ford (could be wrong).

Hmm,
good eye,

I think you are correct,

Theres a lot more mods than at first glance.
thats why I was asking, I was pretty sure the cab was a DT

any idea about the year of the Chevy grill?
early 30's?
when did they change to the grill with the point down the center?

It appears the its not the top of the cab thats chopped, but the bottom.
or maybe just the thick running boards that hide the rest of the cab below the bottom of the door.

looks like the bed has been narrowed, but almost every hot rod pickup has that done.

Im pretty sure thats a Diamond cab though.
anyone recognize the wheels?

they look wider that most from that era, but they look old.

Attachments

• diamondt.jpg
    diamondt.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 32
  • diamondt2.jpg
    diamondt2.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Wheels are probably DT. Heres is a picture of a DT on the ground, they are short to start with.

Attachments

• DSC00193.JPG
    DSC00193.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC00217.JPG
    DSC00217.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 15
It's a Diamond T cab, 1936 or so, the panel under the door has been shortened because it is normally almost 11" high, those are not DT front fenders from cabs of that year, though could be 1935 to back, not too sure where other parts came from. Diamond T did not make any dually pickups, here is a pic of mine,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 21
they chevy grill is 34-36

Wheels are diamond T 1.5Ton truck wheels.... anyone else notice how bald his front tire is

Front wheel drive cheater slicks :D. I would go with those fenders as 35 DT. And no I have never seen a stock DT bed truck with duels, only singles.

Obviouslly, in addition to possibly using Ford fenders, the cab has been channeled over the frame, or the fenders moved higher up on the frame, since the top of the fender is almost even with the top of the hood.

Latest posts

Back