home is where the tool box is

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sycophuk

its the skinny crazy from cali again also known as sycophuk. going to try and post some pix of pinette. i am sorry for taking so long in replying to all that has welcomed us. since my last visit i have done some upgrading on pinette. I swapped out the stock type aluminum manifold for a edelbrock. Junked the quadrajunk (really was junk I built it out of four two of wich were exposed to the elements non of them with in 7 to 10 yrs ) for a holly . Had to swap the dizzy as the h.e.i. would not drop the last 1/2 inch or so,I was able to come up with a msd pro billet with a a c.d.i type ingniter. This is my first run with anything different in the dist area ,normally a upgrade in a chevy is swapping out point system to h.e.i. . A stock h.e.i. is good for a healthy street or a mild race. Also this holly I have acquired is not like any that i have experience with. Its a square bore manual choke only has 2 ports and one screw on the front block, its ally shinned and says holly since 1903 on the front of it .8050 b is on the side ,i don't recall the number on the air horn ,and its to damn hot to go find out. There don't seem to be any major tuning needed.pops a bit thru the secondary but that is cold with no tuning so it's doing well for r/r/r (rip it /replace/run it .I can sure think a few times through the years these same mods being a annoyance and nightmares. I am expecting a noticeable difference in all area's . I had all the crap before running quite well. Just three days before all this I had a encounter at a traffic signal . I had been driving from a car guys wal mart (a pull your own type parts supply) when I was aware of a growl at my left. I ignored it even though i noted it was deep resonating the need for respect.The signal changed and pinette and I left in a normal law conforming manner,the nasty v8 that i was hearing started hooking up and was grabbing third next to me. A little twisted it passed to reveal itself as a 5th gen retro camaro. After two or three signals of this same behavior I had grown irritant of it and decided to let pinette bark back. We are going with the flow of traffic about 46m.p.h. when i kicked the slush box down to second and popped the big ones on the Rochester.This was good for a 70degree angle full wheel spin . So at the next signal I the gave the accelerator a two jab I accept your challenge signal . when the signal hit was doing the feather the pedal leave .It was not doing much to a clutch that was being slipped or maybe traction control.At about 27m.p.h pinette started gaining back real estate when I finally clicked the b/m quarter shift into its last slot ,pinettes bumper was at the camaros center front wheel.Had there been a line or a infa red beam we would have been the loser but I was very happy with the outcome. After all that 5th gen was a ls 5 spd manual and at least a after market exhaust. pinette is a al98 switched over to a carb with a 1,70,00, plus 700r with barley legal tread on Michelin he weighs 2,610 with all the fluids and 7 gallons of fuel so i think pinette barked loud enough!

Attachments

• pinto club pix 008.jpg
    pinto club pix 008.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 37
  • pinto club pix 004.jpg
    pinto club pix 004.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 32
  • pinto club pix 012.jpg
    pinto club pix 012.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 31
  • pinto club pix 017.jpg
    pinto club pix 017.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 52
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww???????

For the first time in a while......I'm speechless....I think I read it 3 or 4 times.....I Welcome you??? ..... I think...can we request a name change?? I agree with WB3......sort of inappropriate...or am I just reading it wrong?? .maybe it's a joke....?? Maybe?? [S

Somebody want to PM DougnDog and explain it???

Ha..Ha..I don't get the name, maybe I'm too old? somebody's off their meds:rolleyes:

I would be I'd be laughing too hard to make any sense....lol:D Think I once had a girlfriend who fit the description..... :eek:

Latest posts

Back