needle seat exchange

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev Tex Devlle

He's workin' 4 da Lord, in a '46 Ford!
ok guys , here one i didnt know but today i figured it out!!!

ok my flatheat has a stock holly carb on it,,, well today i was trying to get her to take gas from the tank,, but no deal,, well i blew in the line it was stopped up,, yet it would unstop in erratic intervals,, so i pulled it off,, and sure enuff it was full of trash,, well i began to clean it out, and got it clear,,, well i blew on it and it was letting air by,, well the truck ran good when ya bottle filled the bowl thru the overflow, no problem there, when i put it back on,, mandid it flood,, ( useing a eletric fuel pump) , so here i am disgussed,, and went inside, ready to give up for the night,,, then it dawned on me,, i had a old 69 holly 2 barrel i pulled off my old truck. got me to thinking, so i rounded it up took it apart,, and sure enuff it fit!!! yahooooooooooo!!! the old needle and seat was a ball type, made together,, but the later model was like what i was expecting to find,, well i reset the float put it all together, and bammmm it worked,, no more flooding, and set there and idle pretty as ya please,, so before ya get mad and quit, remember this tip! the difference between a parts changer and a mechanic,, the mechanic can make it run with whats on hand,, the parts changer is waiting for the order to get in!!!lol:D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back