Suspension

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bag a straight axel

You could use a 30s chevy front axel, they have the plates made in for leaf springs to mount, bolt a bag mount to the psring plate and set the bag straight up and down to the frame, use a set hairpins and batwings, with a wishbone, or make one of those panhard bars with the cross in the middle i cant think of the name of that it is a panhard but it has somebodys name ?? come on brain, HEY a ( watts link ) boy im tired, just check out a early 30s chevy axel on speedway, you will see what im talking about, hope this helps, on my next project my sons want to build a pick up, we may have to get togeather and set up air on all 4 corners.

Mmmm thats a good idea too... I'm still tryin to picture it in my head... It'll come too me... I could get some of the boys together and come help you lay it out...

You could use a 30s chevy front axel, they have the plates made in for leaf springs to mount, bolt a bag mount to the psring plate and set the bag straight up and down to the frame, use a set hairpins and batwings, with a wishbone, or make one of those panhard bars with the cross in the middle i cant think of the name of that it is a panhard but it has somebodys name ?? come on brain, HEY a ( watts link ) boy im tired, just check out a early 30s chevy axel on speedway, you will see what im talking about, hope this helps, on my next project my sons want to build a pick up, we may have to get togeather and set up air on all 4 corners.

Have any pictures of what your talking about??

im really good with visual aids, since I do not know all of the correct termanology, lol. I would really like ot use the ford front axle I have but Im not too sure if it will set it low enough.

im really good with visual aids, since I do not know all of the correct termanology, lol. I would really like ot use the ford front axle I have but Im not too sure if it will set it low enough.

W/ air ride, you can make anything set low enough... Its all in your bag placement...

Well since I am having a frame built now i am in need of bags. I had a set lined up but the guy decided to keep them. So now I am in need of a set. Which is a good way to go? anybody have anything laying around? I only need 2 for the rear.

Latest posts

Back