28 Sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updates and pics!! Put the covers on the seats, glued in some extra padding. Spent a day working out the exhaust, turned out pretty good, kinda tucked it under the rocker next to the frame. Planned on starting it last week but I was down all week, psoriatic arthritis sucks. Kinda got used to pain but when it gets bad you have to stop. So, today I tore down a van I had in the shop and with no parts I figured now was the time. That ended when my Harland Sharp rockers hit my really nice M/T valve covers. I then took them off and put them on Ebay and ordered me another set. I had a old set of chrome ones but they were so beat up I figured I'd wait on the new ones. It really sucked because the M/T's are in really nice shape and I really liked the way they looked. I also found some dash pieces I didn't use, if anyone needs them. Hopefully the next post will have a running video on it. I still got to put a head light switch in, been ordered for 2 weeks, I think it's being delivered from china by a 1 armed guy in a row boat.

Attachments

• 20190511_091540.jpg
    20190511_091540.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 20190531_152222.jpg
    20190531_152222.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190604_135220.jpg
    20190604_135220.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 20190604_145640.jpg
    20190604_145640.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 26
I priced spacers, $100 to $120, said the heck with that. That 1 armed guy in a row boat finally got my head light switch here today. Tomorrow I'll put it in, valve covers are suppose to be here tomorrow or Sat. Thanks for the great comments!

I priced spacers, $100 to $120, said the heck with that. That 1 armed guy in a row boat finally got my head light switch here today. Tomorrow I'll put it in, valve covers are suppose to be here tomorrow or Sat. Thanks for the great comments!

:eek::eek::eek:
Yep. That's a bit pricey.
Looking good.
[P [P [P
Torchie

It surprised me, I figured $50. Hope they sell on Ebay, wasn't expecting to have to buy another set. Got all the lights working today, even the emergency flashers. Got the throttle linkage all hooked up, made a stop for the pedal in case I decide to push on it a little hard.

It surprised me, I figured $50. Hope they sell on Ebay, wasn't expecting to have to buy another set. Got all the lights working today, even the emergency flashers. Got the throttle linkage all hooked up, made a stop for the pedal in case I decide to push on it a little hard.
[cl [cl :D :D :cool: :cool:
[P [P [P
Torchie

Guess I'll give an update, the last couple weeks have been a struggle. Got a new set of valve covers, still had to do a little grinding for clearance. tried starting it, no start and no fire. Run a test on the MSD box, no good. Got a known good one from a guy I used to race with, put it in and still no fire. I had tried 2 other coils when I tested the first box with no luck so I kept the current blaster coil I had on it. Put a Mallory coil on it, knew it was good, came off a running car I bought. Fired right up, miss on the left bank. Pulled VC and found one loose rocker that I guess I'd missed when I adjusted them. Fixed that and went to restart it, no fire. I got a HVC coil out I had, not recommended to run them for a long duration because they say they will get hot and fail but I was done and didn't care. Installed it and it fired right up, sounded good and then a brand new alum GM short water pump stated leaking, ran it long enough to adjust timing and carbs. Looked at the temp gauge, 250 and the fan hadn't kicked on yet. So I drug a old moroso pump I had out and put it on. Restarted it and in 3 minutes it was 240, shut it off, went and got the temp gun. Radiator hoses wasn't that hot and couldn't find any where on it that was 240. Anyway I figured out the gauge was bad. Plus the fuel level gauge doesn't work. I quit for the day. On a positive note my glass is almost done, suppose to pick it up in a few days.

Long time no updates. I got the car on the road finally. Another MSD box, new this time, ended up putting a pair of Carters on it I rebuilt. Electric fan took a crap so I put a manual on it. Whole bunch of crazy small ****, put a new pair of shocks on the rear, one's I had on it the bushings started coming a part. With a little carb tuning took it out yesterday and this thing will fly. I'll upload some pics shortly.

Here's a couple pics, I know I left out a lot of stuff. Going to repaint and put the vinyl top on this winter, plus some interior work.

Attachments

• 20190718_153239.jpg
    20190718_153239.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 20190712_140353.jpg
    20190712_140353.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 41
Went to a cruise in Sat evening, stopped to getsomething to eat and seen left rear wheel smoking. Checked it out and the axle seal was leaking, new seals, bearings and axles with 80 miles on them and done have a leak. I've never seen so many new parts fail, I think quality is out the widow now a days. There was a ton of cars there, at least 8 55 chevies, pretty nice cruise in. Next Sat the Cynthiana Rod Run, there will be at least 1400 cars of all kinds there. Thanks for the positive comments!

Latest posts

Back