My Lammy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neverdone

He's not done yet...
I am a pretty project oriented person. Started rebuilding this last summer. It is a 1965 Lambretta LI125. I have had it since I was 15 given to me by my grandpa.

I think it is coming along pretty well. Should be ready to try and fire it up in a couple days. Thought you guys might like to see her.

Start:

beginning5.jpg

Now:

Lammy0405112.jpg

I am a pretty project oriented person. Started rebuilding this last summer. It is a 1965 Lambretta LI125. I have had it since I was 15 given to me by my grandpa.

I think it is coming along pretty well. Should be ready to try and fire it up in a couple days. Thought you guys might like to see her.

Start:

beginning5.jpg

Now:

Lammy0405112.jpg

Cool.[P[;):cool:

I WANT IT!!!!!!! That looks fantastic !! I have been looking for one like that or an old Allstate or Cushman scooter for my wife. Even just a frame....Yours looks great!! and by the way....why call it Lammy?? nothing lame about it!!

This has long been touched, but it has not been forgotten about. Tuesday I am going to get it from mom and pops house and start work on it again. Here it is with my grandpa on it (man that gave it to me 15 years ago) that was the first time he saw it after I started working on it.

grandpa%20and%20scoot_zpsza6odh7q.jpg

I need to get this running again so he can see it go down the road again.

Grandpa might want to ride it instead of watch it go down the road [S
It's looking great, a video with sound effects would be great to show it off:rolleyes:

Looks really nice .... I done the same thing with my mums 1948 Doodle Bug ,,,her Daddy bought it for her new. its been years since I redone it .. but I got a picture of my mum sitting on it a few years ago ... The Doodle Bug is hard to drive so I didnt want her to take it for a spin....:D

If Grandpa wants to take it for a spin he is more than welcome too!!!! But I don't think that he could anymore. :(

None the less I am glad you guys like it! I did get it home yesterday! It is sitting in my shop now. My buddy Ratchet041 helped me unload it and he was really excited to see it! I need to go through and figure out what all I need to get this finished up and rolling again. Then it will be time to make some fire and hope for the best!

Thanks buddy. So good news the motor didn't lock up sitting for the last few years. So I hope maybe this weekend to get a little time on this. Tallying up parts needed to complete while getting up the ambition to do something with it.

Yesterday made a wheel chock to hold this baby up on the lift table and strapped it in for a ride. Hoisted up and ready to look at some stuff. Had quite a few pieces that are apparently missing that I am pretty upset about. Mainly just the cable ends which I am sure I can get new, but still frustrating. Must have been lost in the move to the new house. Oh well.

IMG_20150331_164238_111_zpsztwq9kyg.jpg

Can't wait to see this run again!

Those were favorites when I was in Junior high. We could get a learners permit to drive when we were 14 back then. For a car or truck, you had to have a licensed driver with you. For scooters under 5 bhp you could solo.

Pulled some cables around, lined them up where they need to go. Started checking out the hacked up wiring. I remembered when I tore it down there was some serious hack work done by one of the previous owners. Need to fire up the good old soldering iron and go after it. Also noticed many other missing parts :( :( So I guess I need to place another order.... :( :(

well first round of parts showed up. Got it full of oil now. Started buttoning up some other non finished stuff on it. Just really want to start it up and hear it run again!

Latest posts

Back