Onterio banning old cars by 2018... really?!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started to comment on this but, all I could do is sit here with a hundred things going through my mind. None of which are good.
The only good I read is that, the older vehicles can apparently be driven on weekends.
I was thinking if they do this in Missouri, it would effect 33* of the vehicles being driven here everyday for work transportation by minimum wage employees.
Donor vehicles that meet the criteria could be used under the bodies of the older vehicles, registered as that newer vehicle and would be emissions legal.
The semi industry does this and they call the frames sliders. They don't have to meet the emissions standards that are placed on the newer trucks and don't have to run DEF to clean the converters.
Wait a minute!!!!! I just seen this on the page. Is this a prank :confused:
I'd like a Canadian to chime in here please [P
attachment.php

Attachments

• Pranked.JPG
    Pranked.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 84
Old Iron is right, FAKE NEWS!!!!

One correction, the trucks with the new bodies and old engines are called gliders, not sliders. :eek: Probably a typo on OI's part. :D

If I could afford one, that is what I want, a new glider with a pre emission engine. Much less upkeep with all that garbage on there.

Old Iron is right, FAKE NEWS!!!!

One correction, the trucks with the new bodies and old engines are called gliders, not sliders. :eek: Probably a typo on OI's part. :D

If I could afford one, that is what I want, a new glider with a pre emission engine. Much less upkeep with all that garbage on there.
Thanks Bama, yea typo glider :cool:

I'd like an Ontarian to chime in. I understand the rules and regs are tough out there and this fake news may not fall far from the future truth...

that`s what I was thinking.... actually, in more and more european city`s older cars ,especially diesels, are not allowed in any more. I bet it spreads.

I just retired form Freightliner/Western Star. Sliders are history, or soon to be. They were a very profitable part of the business. Many trucking companies are not happy with the new regs.

I am in Ontario..
I have not heard of this.....but with our crappy liberal government and the things they have been doing lately, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

One thing they did try and legislate last year was that we would all have to convert our home heating systems from gas, oil, propane etc to electric heat. It will never get passed, but they were pushing it.

It is 100% not true. It is a parody website that all it does is fake news. It is not happening. But I'm really hoping none of those morons in the legislature reads it, they might do it.

The "easterners" concur. [cl

I'm not one to talk, post or rant about politics, but Tru-doh is a three-headed jackass and I put nothing past him or his government...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 37 38 horseshoe discovery.jpg
    37 38 horseshoe discovery.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 36
I just retired form Freightliner/Western Star. Sliders are history, or soon to be. They were a very profitable part of the business. Many trucking companies are not happy with the new regs.

Is Freightliner going to quit making Gliders? Or is the Govt putting pressure on them to stop?

If it's just Freightliner, there is still KW and Peterbilt.

Latest posts

Back