'50 GMC Daily Driver

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2008_1115trk0005.jpg

Not much to look at, but I got the cowl patch panel in place and all welded in. The hood and fenders fit pretty well.

2008_1115trk0006.jpg

Got the '68 Camaro gas tan installed. The filler is on the panel below the tailgate.

Last edited:
2008_1115trk0007.jpg

I picked up a roller cam 305sbc. When I took it apart I found it needs to be bored. My friends Terry & Lee just told me about an auto salvage company that sells late model 305's for $100 complete, guaranteed, low mileage. Must not be much market for them. I'll be knocking on their door Monday.
There's so many really neat builds going on on RRR right now, I hate to post this kind of stuff.
Speaking of Terry & Lee, they have been making changes to "Tator", their Stude drag/street car. Now that I fgured out how to get pics out of Photobucket, the new Adobe Flash Player has messed Photobucket up a bit, I'll do a thread on this neat little car.

Todd, The project is in cold storage, literally. The frame is in the snowbank. Everything else is packed away til fall, when I'll have the bucks to finish the thing. I got involved in building a little dragster (see separate build thread) because it takes a lot of labor and not much money.
Thanks for asking.
Bob

Just to close the book on this build, I sold the truck as a "kit". A couple nice young guys and their dad now have a family project. I gave 'em a really good deal.

The objective was to make this truck into a daily driver. Eventually, I decided to buy a new truck. Well, that didn't happen either. Instead I picked up a '40 Plymouth pickup. I'm working on it now & there is a build thread.

Bob,

I'd totally forgotten about this thread, it was one of the first ones I recall reading when I first registered to this site.

Sad to see it go, but glad your AD found a loving family home. These are my all-time "DREAM TRUCK" and one day I hope to be able to own/build one. The BIG stumbling block is figuring out how to title something built from PARTS!! I've seen useable cabs on 1 1/2-2 ton big trucks here in junkyards, but nada on the 1/2 tons...[S

Lots of great info here, thanks again for sharing your garage adventures with us. This will, I'm sure, serve as perfect future reference for some folks.[;)

A big "THANKS" also to Gregster for the suggestion of "BTTT" for some of our older build threads. Great idea, sir![cl

Regards,
Shea:)

Latest posts

Back