oh jeez.....here we go

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbilly4008

I just noticed that we now have a muscle car section. I must admit, i didnt see that one coming. This couldnt have come at a more opportune time. My cousin stopped by my shop today while i was unloading todays find. He pulls up to me on his harley(his version of a "ratbike") and tells me he'd sell me his car. I've been on his back trying to get this car for years. YEARS! Now when i gave up, he pulls this crap.

The car is a '63 Impala 2door hardtop 409. My uncle got the car in Chicago 20 years ago and its sat in a barn since.

I told him i dont have the money to buy the car(i really didnt want it anymore, but didnt want to come out and say it) Then i point over my shoulder at my '65 GTO that i lost interest in. "I'll trade ya."

He went for it! SUCKER!!!

Attachments

• 100_1033.jpg
    100_1033.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 100_1034.jpg
    100_1034.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_1035.jpg
    100_1035.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 137
  • GTO.jpg
    GTO.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 406
sellers regret

The thing thats driving me nuts about this transaction is i sold a tri power intake off a 348 a while back. I never thought i was going to come across a 409 so i sold it. What was i thinking? This is why you keep your so called "junk" you've got laying around the crevasses of your garage.

The thing thats driving me nuts about this transaction is i sold a tri power intake off a 348 a while back. I never thought i was going to come across a 409 so i sold it. What was i thinking? This is why you keep your so called "junk" you've got laying around the crevasses of your garage.

I'm feelin' your pain! :eek:

ISore

That was a stroke of luck. Does the motor come with it? :eek:

ISore

The car is 100% complete bumper to bumper. My uncle brought the car home tore it to start a body off restoration, then moved on to another couple of projects ('65 Belair, 77 stingray, '66 impala ss, monte carlo)
10 years ago my uncle died of cancer, never got the chance to finish the car. My cousin got it, and it just sat in the barn collecting dust and being used as a shelf.

I know where every single piece of this car is.

Wow, a really good find. The goat isn't too bad to have either, both are getting pricey these days. The lowrider crowd is driving the prices of the 62-64 Impalas out of sight.

Are you going to restore it to stock or modify it?

Don

Resto-rod.....I'de like to put it all back togeather and see how she looks. Its original paint, maybe i could buff the **** out of her and have a nice finish.

First things first, i have to dig it out.

Then i was thinking later on down the line lower it a little. Not a rediculous lay sparks type lowering job, but ide like to see it sit like a '57 chevy.

According to my father, my uncle always wanted to paint the car black and have the red interior. Im probably going to honor that.

Ide like to put air ride in it. Although im a little hesitant because its a numbers matching car.

What do you guys think?

Resto-rod..... What do you guys think?

Numbers matching!!..absolutely keep it original!!

Hillbilly,
First let me say... I can *never keep anything* stock. But if it is indeed a real 409 numbers-matching car that is a very difference case altogether. It's a rare & valuable car & I would keep it as orig as humanly possible... way too valuable to modify... IMO. I would also paint it the color it came from the factory. Can't imagine how much it would be worth now or 10 years from now for that matter!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

well let me make a few waves (or hack someone off unintentionally) if it is a true "family heirloom" then you'll prob. never be interested in selling it, so numbers matching or not..i say paint it to honor your uncle and lower it to look good....if that's what you want to do.....besides i don't think color change and a set of springs will kill the value anyway.......

now i'll set back and watch for the fallout that will come from talking about a numbers matching car that way......:eek:

I took a better look at the body today. Shes gonna need a trunk pan, Probably floor pans as well. My father said the frame was rotten when they brought it home. Man, i wish i knew somebody who can weld.....

The driver window was left open for who knows how long, the front seat is shreaded from the mice. Back seat looks decent.

Seeing that i have too many projects as it is I decided to part with my current Impala. Its a '66 Impala 4door sedan w/283. 2spd powerglide, radio delete. One owner, #s matching 34k miles. Only needs paint and carpet. I was going to keep it as a family cruiser, but now with the '63 i see no point.

Nice swap. Always liked the 63's. Tis not everyday you can get a piece of family auto history. Do it how you like it.

wow Hillbilly I my first car was a 63 impala SS black with red interior I gave 199.00 for at a dealership in '76 had 52,000 miles on it wish I still had it

Well.....my cousin renigged on the trade. Im ****ed to say the least. Thats ok, i'll get my grubby hands on it someday. I honestly dont see him ever working on the car.

alright! now get that thing out, and post a few pics for us to drool over..:D

seriously that why we have this li' dude > [dr[dr[dr[dr

congrats and glad to see it aquired by a fellow rodder...

Latest posts

Back