Dvaps 39 Chevy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dvapteam

Hey guys its been a bit and I hope all is still moving on the projects. We just found another great collection of cars that we are trying to get it and will post up asap. We had some time threw the last few week at a 115 temp here is Az to get a few things done on the truck that I wanted to share.
We are having a hard time find anything cool for the front wheels so we might have to outreach for those but we took it on its first test drive....nothing fell off so I guess this was good test drive. We are going to try and have the bed floor done in next few weeks and then finish off the roof, and then maybe start a new project. We are launching a whole new web sit were I will have a blog on the new project and was hoping to interact with customers and RRR members with the ideas for the new project and get there advise to build up something special. If you have any ideas let me know. This 39 was our first project and this is the only forum I post on and a lot of help came from a members (roddguy to name 1), but wanted to thank every one here that treated me just like any other member and not a solicitor....thanks and hope to here some ideas.
Rat Rods truly rule!

at least in my eyes!
39 Updates:
we capped off from frame horns using 53-4 Chevy grill teeth
I had seen a RRR some cool blinkers so we attempted to make them and
ended up with something a little different
we changed front shocks a few times but ended up using the one write from
a 78 Bronco, fit perfect.
We finished taillights which the housings we 40 dodge headlights that we
coned to make smaller then set in 62 Impala lens and the bracket that hold the taillight were taken off some sort of home gym thing that was laying in the back in the truck
We used a 64 cadi steering wheel that we did some touch up work spray paint
We just got glass cut, after finding out we cut the windshield wrong its a little off but will have to work ( lesson learned)
Air cleaner is a old Hoover Vacuum Cleaner base that we just cut of the handles and mounted ( not seen in pictures)

Thanks for looking
Dvap

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 164
  • rat2.jpg
    rat2.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Rat3.jpg
    Rat3.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 129
Thanks for the update. Good to hear from you. The truck is looking great. I reallly like the dash and steering wheel.

Dash

Thanks guys.....for having the faith! I have to say this is first project that I was under the controls of, and why we may have made a lot of mistakes it was by far one of the funniest things to do....I cant belive how many people ask about it when they come to our yard, we shoot to have the bed done soon so we can start on the new project..
The dash is from a 39 Linc that had the same contour by the whindshield we just took of 2" from each side, the speedo is from a 65 Buick Wildcat and the temp, oil gauges are from a 64-6 T/bird ( we used them just cause they fit the holes dash perfectly.

More Progress

Hey guys just wanted to share some updates. This week we were able to get the bed floor pretty much done. I know we didnt re-invent the wheel but most of the trucks out here dont have a bed floor that is functional we we tried to come up something that would intersting. Since we lowered the bed down we lost a lot of depth but what ended up using was the rear fold down doors of a 63-4 GM fullsize station wagon and the cut them to fit. The rear door will hide the fuel tank and the front door once you open will revel what I wanted to be a tool box but everyone voted for a beer cooler! What ever the use will be we are almost done. Next week we will try ot tighten up the interior and put in hushmat and getting for driving time....
~B~
800-905-8024
DVAP

Attachments

• DSCI0350.jpg
    DSCI0350.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCI0351.jpg
    DSCI0351.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCI0353.jpg
    DSCI0353.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCI0354.jpg
    DSCI0354.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 33
shows

I would love to go to as many shows as we can, the main purpose to due this truck was to show customers that its not all about the frame of cars that most people think we do and to be honest I think there are a lot more customers coming to me directly just because of this truck, thats why the next one I do Im hoping to get customers involved with the build or least RRR members. Im evening completly launching a whole new web site design for DVAP off the experaince we have gained threw this forum and our build. New sit should be launched by September....keeping fingers crossed.

Just an update

Well, its been some time but just when I think we are done....I find something else to change......are the ever really done? We did away with the red wheel thing and went to a primer green....looks a bit better I think. We had a hard time finding door handles and stuff but after about 2 months Toms Trucks final got the box here. One wasn't write but hey at least got 1....not big of a deal. We took for its first long test drive to the Goodguys and at 60mph on the free it drove pretty damn nice. I will get details pics up ASAP but heres one from the old Iphone.

~B~

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 31
Hey Brian that truck looks totally cool. It must have been a great experience to drive it down the highway and really get a feel for it. Way to go my friend. I'm so jealous. [dr

Latest posts

Back