F-2 Stang

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold it

Here's the new owner of the F2stang and who is also the previous owner of the Mercstang that it was built from, backing out of the driveway and heading down the street.

Sad to see it go, but I wasn't doing anything with it. It is a blast to drive, quick and handles like a slot car. Whenever I drove it I felt like 16 year old, but I drove it like an irresponsible 16 year old and I can't afford those kind of traffic tickets. Glad it went to Doug and it's a real compliment that he wanted it.

Attachments

• DSC03119.jpg
    DSC03119.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC03120.jpg
    DSC03120.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC03123.jpg
    DSC03123.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 71
Methinks you are 80% a builder and 20% a driver. I've sold a few in the last 3-4 years and an surprised I don't miss them. As long as there is a new or current project to capture my attention.

That sure is a fine F2 and you will be proud when you see it out and about or at a show.

Methinks you are 80% a builder and 20% a driver. I've sold a few in the last 3-4 years and an surprised I don't miss them. As long as there is a new or current project to capture my attention.

That sure is a fine F2 and you will be proud when you see it out and about or at a show.

Thanks Bob.

You're right, I love building them, but I like A/C, windows, and relative quiet when I drive. I might be more like 90% builder 10% driver. I don't think I'll miss it - looking at it made me feel guilty for not using it more. Doug will be enjoying and using it a lot more than I did.

From the new owner

I was really pleased that Dan gave me the opportunity to purchase the F2 Stang. He did a really first rate job on the constrution as well as the documentation.

She goes like a scalded dog, stops and handles like a race car.

So far I sorted out a minor problem with the charging system (the regulator connector came loose) and modifed the clutch pedal to fit my size 12's.

She is a joy to drive and really turns heads.

Watch for some cosmetic modifications as I make her my own.

Congratulations Dan! You did a fantastic job on this one.

Doug

Latest posts

Back