Mini T bucket from golf cart

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is sweet. I want one!

Have you thought about producing these or selling them? I think there's a market for them. You'll probably be able to sell a lot of them.

Thanks! Jeez, if I did that it would be too much like work! I got this one under the wife's radar by telling her it's hers.........:rolleyes:. When I get it down to Arizona in the winter it will be interesting though to see the reaction from the other graybeards :cool:. I figure just 'cause you're retired it doesn't mean you have to forget how to have fun. Come to think of it, this may be the go-kart I never had...

Sorted out the steering arms and tie rod, took a look thru my spare parts pile and came up with the tie rods from the GM G body front end which I re-purposed into the upper links. I mounted them at an angle to triangulate the front end and for tire clearance when turning, also eliminates a Panhard rod.
The coolest part from the Club Car is this little rack and pinion box, it looks an awful lot like those Unisteer units you can buy.

Attachments

• april  28 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    april 28 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 168
  • april  28 11 golf cart 008.jpg
    april 28 11 golf cart 008.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 157
  • april  28 11 golf cart 009.jpg
    april 28 11 golf cart 009.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 167
  • april  28 11 golf cart 002.jpg
    april 28 11 golf cart 002.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 159
I saw one at a swap meet that looked like a "C" cab.Want to see how this turns out,looks cool as he!! so far.

Put in a crossmember and steering box mount. Also made the lower shock mounts and a temporary top mount to position them for final mounts. These are neat little shocks that might be useful in other rod applications, only 10" extended, 8" compressed though they can go down another 3/4" by rmoving one of the two snubbers.

Attachments

• april  29 11 golf cart 005.jpg
    april 29 11 golf cart 005.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 127
  • april  29 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    april 29 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 127
  • april  29 11 golf cart 002.jpg
    april 29 11 golf cart 002.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 124
Sorted out the front shock mounts and mounted the steering column with a cheapie Grant hot rod steering wheel. The seat is just temporarily positioned to get the steering column in the right place, though it is higher than you'd normally put it in a rod.[S That's just the way it is in a cart since you want to be able to step in easily without yer beer gut rubbin' on the wheel !:rolleyes:
I propped up a cardboard grille cutout for an idea of how it may look :cool: - I want to keep the grille shell behind the axle, in front of the shocks so it hides the rack and shocks.

Attachments

• april  30 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    april 30 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 163
  • april  30 11 golf cart 008.jpg
    april 30 11 golf cart 008.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 131
  • april  30 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    april 30 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 125
  • april  30 11 golf cart 004.jpg
    april 30 11 golf cart 004.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 126
  • april  30 11 golf cart 006.jpg
    april 30 11 golf cart 006.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 135
I hope you don`t drive cars(and golf carts???) as fast as you build them! You would either be in jail or a ditch....

Actually I was a little leery about posting this thread since it's more go-cart than car, though I figured enough things about it are similar to rod building to keep from getting flamed.....

If you do this kind of work on everything, then you could probably build a jungle jim and have people follow your threads [P

you could probably build a jungle jim and have people follow your threads [P

Hey ZZ is building a jungle jim? where is the thread. I missed it![cl[cl

as I was prepping my daughters 125 4 wheeler I was thinking about this thread. I says to myself "self, you could build this into a mini T bucket when she is done with it".

Last edited:
I've been looking for a cheap golf cart to use around the place..this may end up costing me alot more than I planned on..[dr:D[;)great job

slow down, yer makin' the rest us look bad:D

l like it so far[P

Later:cool:
Sorry 'bout that..... my welder made me do it [ddd

jfg455;217287) as I was prepping my daughters 125 4 wheeler I was thinking about this thread. I says to myself "self said:
Of course you know if you do that, she'll want it back........

Broke it down and spent the last 2 days welding it all up permanently and grinding off boogers. My 20 year old welder gets cranky after a couple hours of use and gets erratic so I seem to do more grinding than welding. :mad:
While I was at it I made curved side rails to replace the chunky looking first version.

Attachments

• may 02 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    may 02 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 113
  • may 02 11 golf cart 002.jpg
    may 02 11 golf cart 002.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 124
Thanks all !
Re-assembled it today and drove it - yes !! :D - outside for some daylight pics. After a trip around the cul-de-sac, the neighbors kids are beating on their dads to build them one !! Now for body building......

Attachments

• may 03 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    may 03 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 185
  • may 03 11 golf cart 005.jpg
    may 03 11 golf cart 005.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 163
  • may 03 11 golf cart 010.jpg
    may 03 11 golf cart 010.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 159
  • may 03 11 golf cart 013.jpg
    may 03 11 golf cart 013.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 175
Thanks all !
Re-assembled it today and drove it - yes !! :D - outside for some daylight pics. After a trip around the cul-de-sac, the neighbors kids are beating on their dads to build them one !! Now for body building......

That is awesome, what a great looking ride. I hope you understand that you are probably sitting on a goldmine. Once the world see this you are going to be bombarded by request for a copy.

Can't wait till I see the next installment.

jim

would it be possible to use one of the inexpensive outer shell T bucket bodies? Then you could just cut it down for the right porportions. I think they are around $300 new. [P

would it be possible to use one of the inexpensive outer shell T bucket bodies? Then you could just cut it down for the right porportions. I think they are around $300 new. [P

That is a pretty good idea ! Thing is I just hate working with that itchy stuff..... and by the time I got it re-sized and made a tubing frame for it, I can have one made from real steel. :) (and no resin smell)

You have a valid point there ZZ. you seem to have the pied pipers touch with the steel. Just snap your fingers and it jumps to attention![P

That is a pretty good idea ! Thing is I just hate working with that itchy stuff..... and by the time I got it re-sized and made a tubing frame for it, I can have one made from real steel. :) (and no resin smell)

I know I will enjoy watching it built from steel much more then fiberglass...

Are you going to start with flat sheet or steal some curves from something else?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back