1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anybody ever get a handle on the Rocket motor Torchie?

The guy that has it now (California owner #3) said that who ever put in the new petronics distributor( Not me) had it set wrong plus the spark plug wires were going to the wrong plugs. He says that he has a good spark now but can't get it to fire on gas.
I got it to cough pretty good on starter fluid with the stock dis.
I still believe that the motor is good. I think that it was cranking to slow so it may have been a ground issue or possibly a bad starter. I have had new ones out of the box that have been faulty.
And they could still drop in a stock flatty if they wanted to. Who knows.[S

All of the Cali owners have used it for trading fodder with the first guy stripping off many of the parts as well as keeping all the extra stuff that I sent with it.
It's not like I am stalking this thing. I just keep getting e-mails from the lastest/ current owner.:eek:
I know that it shouldn't matter to me what happens to it but it appears that it may well be my last build and I had hoped to see it finished. Just a sentimental kind of guy I guess.....
Torchie

I think it's normal to want to see what happens to our creations. And aren't we always expected to provide lifetime warranty or at least a lifetime of repair answers?

It is curious that it hasn't stuck anywhere.

Latest posts

Back