just some fun pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
62069042_10211362083806578_840662607500148736_n.jpg

Load er' up!

I love going to Home Depot not only for products, but to see some of the loading procedures. This one was loading 16 foot lumber in a 6 foot bed..the young lady was going to sit in the bed on top of the lumber to "balance it out"...yep, they're out there among us!!! Lol

Attachments

• 20190608_131631.jpg
    20190608_131631.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 49
You didn't stick around to watch him leave!?

Well... that's 8 foot with the tailgate. :rolleyes: Maybe it's just the angle, but tailgate doesn't look like it's handling things too well. I'm thinking the front end might be a little bouncy too.

Ha Ha
He must not know they make an extension support that goes in the receiver hitch for just this moment [cl[P

They also make a trailer hitch that goes in the receiver, though I'd imagine they'd screw that up as fbp's post can attest. :eek: [S

On a side note, I once witnessed a tailgate failure:

At our home race track, a brand spanking new truck was towing its race car down the return road... two people sitting on the dropped tailgate (common practice) enjoyed a slow speed ride back to the pits... they hit a little bump and the tailgate cables failed...

The tall guy touched ground quickly and high stepped out of the way without incident... the much shorter young lady tipped completely over center, ate some asphalt and got "plowed" a few more feet (by the race car in tow) before the outfit stopped. She was chewed up pretty bad, no serious injuries, but painted head to toe with a road rash brush.

Anyhow, I highly doubt that young lady has put her tail on a moving tailgate since, much less ride "counterweight" on load of lumber at road speed!

Latest posts

Back