Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's hoping for the best for you and the Mrs., Torchie.
Back to your epiphany, we think alike, all of the guys in our age group have to decide how much of our problems is due to old age and how much is other forces. Quite often with a little thought, we can solve the problems by fixing malfunctions in the tools we use, or change the way we work to overcome our own shortcomings. Anyhow, work smarter, not harder. Keep on tinkering.

I have been quoting that to my friend that helps me out for about 10 years now.. He just turned 42 and is finally starting to listen ,Mac.:eek::D
Thanks all for the kindness's and please keep them coming.
Mrs. Torchie is schedueled for a heart cath sometime Monday. They found some issues from her stress test today. One blockage is causing them concerns for sure.
And if that's not enough for a Monday..... Her 92 year old Mom's driving evaluations is for tomorrow a.m. as well.
My daughter and I flipped a coin and she lost so she gets to take Grandma to the test.:eek: :p [ddd
Going to be an interesting day........
Torchie

I'll have to add your daughter to the list for good vibs :eek:

LOL.
Thanks soltz.[ddd
Well..... Moms in law passed her drivers eval.:eek: :eek: :eek:
When I talked to her she said " I passed. Can you believe that." I had to stop myself from saying "Hell no. I can't believe that."[ddd
More importantly... Mrs Torchie will be having a triple bypass on Weds. To say that she's not happy would be the understatement of the year.
I've got to get some ducks in a row before then so if I'm off line for a while have no fear. I will be back.
Thanks to all for the support.
Keep on keeping on......
Torchie

Thanks all. You guys are my support group.:)
Mrs. Torchie's surgery is set for 6 a.m. tomorrow which means I will be leaving the house around 4:30 a.m. Going to be another long day.
Now. I don't want to get all blubbery here, but this package was waiting for me when I got home from the hospital today.This is the missing rear PS fender for the Dodge project.
It was gifted to me by a gentleman that I have never met or even talked to on the phone. We connected through the Custom Car Chronicle site and have become "Pen pals." (Any body remember those........)It's NOS and almost too nice to cut up...[ddd[;)[;)
So despite all the crap and bad news we get, there still are good people in the world that do things to help others and not just for personal gain. I have lived by that credo my entire life. I feel and (know from personal experience) that there are others like me on this site as well which is why it's the best car site on the net.
A grateful, Torchie
p.s
I told you that you guys were my support group.:eek::).

Attachments

• 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 59
Indeed

Like minds tend to gather in the same pool. [cl
Good vibs for tomorrow!
That is a nice fender and it won't mind a little makeover [;)

That's quite a gift from a Pen Pal. You are a worthy recipient.

I've been on that open heart surgery table and know what Mrs. Torchie faces both during the surgery and after. I'm sure she is strong willed and has a kind heart, just like you. That will contribute to a successful operation and recovery.

Last edited:
That's quit a gift from a Pen Pal. You are a worthy recipient.

I've been on that open heart surgery table and know what Mrs. Torchie faces both during the surgery and after. I'm sure she is strong willed and has a kind heart, just like you. That will contribute to a successful operation and recovery.
As have I bob. I think that is what scares her. Having seen me go through it. A case of TMI perhaps....:eek:

Like minds tend to gather in the same pool. [cl
Good vibs for tomorrow!
That is a nice fender and it won't mind a little makeover [;)
Thank you both for the kind words.
Torchie

Yes there are lots of good folks out there Torchie. The gent who sent you that fender is a 1st class example. You are indeed worthy. Prayers for Mrs Torchie and her surgery tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back