TABOO! Rust removal

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
olguy, this works very well. initially i used regular baking soda and it was good, then i switched to the washing baking soda and it is much "gooder". the only drawback to removing the old paint and rust is that every blemish is shown in the fresh steel and that it will "flash rust" fairly soon after removing it and cleaning. other than that, my headlight and taillights look great. sorry no pics yet. i will post some tomorrow or the next day, i am way too busy procrastinating right now.

mikes686...did you try it on the stainless or chrome, I did the cross member out of a 87 Chevy p/u, had to do it twice one end at a time as it would not fit in the garbage can all at once. Installed in my 51 Panel Truck.

ol guy, i dipped the headlight rings for about 2 days, there was very little rust on the stainless, except for where the rings mounted and tightened. they came out nice although i did finish them off with #000 steel wool and a bit of elbow grease. i also had to file out some scratches. im gonna cut and old leaf spring to make a dolly to get out all of the little bumps.

Latest posts

Back