need home maid header advice...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
made

you mean ''homemade'' as homemaid is someone to clean the house :eek:

ya l know, l'v been told l'm a pain::

Later:cool:

Last edited:
You could use the gaskets as template to make the flanges unless you could find a DIY kit like the ones in Jegs or Speedway to fit your motor.

There is a guy on the HAMB with the user name saltflatmatt and he makes lakes style headers for just about every engine, even odd ones. I contacted him because I want to order a set for the 455 in my kids rpu and I asked him if he has them for your 200 ci I6. (Is that a Ford 6?) I am waiting for a reply and will let you know when he responds. If he does have them I will find out how you can contact him.

We met him at his booth at Turkey Run and bought a bunch of header parts from him. Super nice guy and he makes great stuff.

Don

Header flange

Hey guy's don't forget RPM right here on the site, he has one of them there fancy plasma cutting things, no seriously he's a great guy and cut's lots of things.

Saltflatmatt got back to me. Doesn't have one for the 200 I6. That suggestion about RPM might be a good one. He's a straight shooter too.

Don

thanks for the help...Im going to go take some pics and measurments of manifold, what Im hoping is there might be a another(more popular) motor that shares the same port size and bolt location if there is any ford guys that might have anything laying to check the difference maybe...[S

This is from the link "BigIrish" posted.

Fits: 144/170/200/250ci motors with high or low mount starters.

2009_0225trk0005.jpg

If you are going to build your own header you can make the plate easily. I used 5/16" thick material for this slant 6 header/intake combination. I used a hole saw to get close to the lines I scribed from the gasket. Then used a die grinder with a rotary file to get the finished size & shape. It took about 4 hours.

do you have a water jet or cnc plasma guy close by? my guy can scan a drawing or a gasket and cut one out in no time.

2009_0225trk0005.jpg

If you are going to build your own header you can make the plate easily. I used 5/16" thick material for this slant 6 header/intake combination. I used a hole saw to get close to the lines I scribed from the gasket. Then used a die grinder with a rotary file to get the finished size & shape. It took about 4 hours.

This way works very well, but if you don't have a hole saw. I have also roughed the holes in with a torch and cleaned them up with a grinder. (thats how I made my first set) I have also drilled a start hole on the edge of the port marking, and cut out the port with a saber saw and a bi metal blade.

This way works very well, but if you don't have a hole saw. I have also roughed the holes in with a torch and cleaned them up with a grinder. (thats how I made my first set) I have also drilled a start hole on the edge of the port marking, and cut out the port with a saber saw and a bi metal blade.

If you do it this way, just make sure you get it as flat as possible before you start welding in tubes!! It wiil warp!! Thats one advantage of the, BY HAND method, less warpage!!

If you do it this way, just make sure you get it as flat as possible before you start welding in tubes!! It wiil warp!! Thats one advantage of the, BY HAND method, less warpage!!

Bolting it down will help with the warp-age too somewhat.
I think I would split a flange that long into sections, however that might not be possible looking at it again....

Latest posts

Back