broken headlight lens

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At a local car show I bought some type of super glue

I broke an irreplaceable '25 Buick lens in three pieces. Anybody have good luck with anykind of glue to repair something like this. Super glue didn't work.Doesn't even have to be clear.

That uses a spray accelerator....works like nutz....not sure if it works on glass...never tried, but it sure works on metal and plastic....put on the clear glue, put the pieces together and give it a shot of the accelerator....it's done! I'll try to get the name for you.....

"Irreplaceable" as in you refuse to pay $150 for one off ebay?

I'd think something would work since they have stuff to fill windshield chips. Does the glass fit tight in the case? If not, maybe you could use a bit of rubber around the outer rim to help keep it together.

rearview mirror glue sticks to glass well.

vw_beetle_1971_rearview_mirror_adhesive_oem_37438.jpg

Klutz!:D Black electrician's tape. Make it look like an off roader.

(I'd be more help if I knew anything).

Sheets of clear adhesive laminate. It will cover the entire lens and you can cover both sides. It will look much better than glue which will highlight the seams and cover more than packing tape - also much thicker & stronger. If you can't find any locally give me your addy and I'll send you some. I have a whole roll.

Last edited:
Honestly I doubt it, and if you asked one of the morons that work there they wouldn't know the difference between adhesive laminate and a 2x4 crammed up their rear end. I avoid them at all costs. Might try a local glass shop or something of the like, or at least a decent local hardware that still has something resembling customer service. If there are any auto/truck accessory shops around you that do that clear stick-on rock guard stuff, that might work too. Like I said if you can't find any let me know. I'll send some your way.

Big Ten Inch....Yep..Aerosmith...

Got me the strangest woman
Believe me this trick's no cinch
But I really get her going
When I whip out my big ten inch

Record of a band that plays the blues
Well a band that plays its blues
She just love my big ten inch
Record of her favorite blues

and so on......:D

Latest posts

Back