Prices... The Good... The Bad... & The Ugly!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Don't know if you've been watching B-J lately but I've seen some awesome deals roll across the block. Looks like prices are starting to come back to earth a lil bit. Some of the very collectable cars seem to be holding their own but some of the everyday driver type cars that sold make me wish I was there taking part. Guess it's about time!!!

BoB

The weekday cars on BJ and all the other auctions, like Mecum, go REAL cheap. It is the weekend cars that are the really good ones and that bring that crazy money.

Like you, Tripper, I have seen cars close at unbelievably low prices during the week, almost makes you want to go and buy one.

Don

Like you, Tripper, I have seen cars close at unbelievably low prices during the week, almost makes you want to go and buy one.

Don... watching Mecum tonight & saw several 60's/70's pickups that sold for less than $10K that I would have bought in a hearbeat!!! [dr

BoB

On Mecum last nite a beautiful '57 Chev ragtop sold for $55K... a few yers ago they went for $75K all day long... quite a drop! Now if I can just find a Nomad at a sweet price!

BoB

If you watch that show Chasing Classic Cars, even the high dollar ones that Wayne buys and sells seem to be not bringing the money he is hoping to get sometimes. Maybe it is the economy or maybe people are just watching their money more these days.

I know I haven't bought a million dollar car in a long time now. :D

Don

On Mecum last nite a beautiful '57 Chev ragtop sold for $55K... a few yers ago they went for $75K all day long... quite a drop! Now if I can just find a Nomad at a sweet price!

BoB

I was at the local A-hole yard yesterday and he had a nice straight 56 Pontiac Safari setting there. He has hundreds of cool cars but his prices are so high he hardly ever sells anything.

In the end, it's probably cheaper to buy one done than to build one, but that takes all the fun out of it, at least for me. I never buy cars that are done, that's just too boring for me. Most of us are not into this hobby to buy and look at our cars, but to work on and enjoy 'em and put our own flavor on them. I can't afford the done one's anyway.

Latest posts

Back