Going to Orlando

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rab71

The wife and kids and I are going to Orlando in a few weeks, anyone down there? How bout' some shows anyone know of?

If you are around on a weekend, go to OldTown on Saturday night. Lots of old cars on the brick streets inside. It's quite an event.

www.orlandoescape.com/attractions/oldtown.htm

If you are here on March 22-23 there is Billetproof at Don Garlits place. It is above Tampa, but not a bad drive from Orlando. Garlits Museum is worth seeing anytime, even if there is no show there.

Don

Don says there`s a show at Daytona to on March 28, 29 30 . not a bad drive , I-4 east and you`ll run right into it , wear your walking shoes tho , it`s huge....

I can't believe it! I am BARELY going to miss Billetproof! ARGH!!!:eek: By one day...

We are leaving from here on the 14th staying til' the following Friday... Sure... Never fails...:(

Oh well the trip is mostly for the wife an kids anyway...:rolleyes:

Orlando has some real cool places to see! Im sure if you search you will find plenty of fun for the whole family!!If your into planes, there is a real cool vintage aircraft museum around the kissimmee area.

Orlando has some real cool places to see! Im sure if you search you will find plenty of fun for the whole family!!If your into planes, there is a real cool vintage aircraft museum around the kissimmee area.

There is a flight museum just off I- 4 west of Lakeland as well. It's is a VERY cool place as well. Another must see is Don Garlets Museum of Drag Racing @ Ocala (where Billetproof is being held).

If you are doing some family things, like Disney, you HAVE to take in cirque du soleil. It is without a doubt one of the most amazing shows you will ever see. Your Kids and Mrs will love it, and you will too. I went one time just to please my ex girlfriend, and ended up loving it more than her! :) Here is a site for it:

www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueduSole...ampaign=internal_ads/dropdown/Orlando/lanouba

Also, if you go to Disney, take in the Lion King Show. MY ex-GF Daughter dances in it, and it is spectacular. We saw it three times in one day, it was that good.

Don

Pirates and Gators!!

I took the family to Orlando in 2001 and we did the Universal Studios thing and it was great(2 day minimum required to see it all). But the two things that we still talk about were a Pirate dinner show that all the kids in the audience got to participate in. It was really cool and lasted several hours. Also I found a small airboat tour company that was a little slow that week and for about $120 bucks they spent about a half day with us. We saw lots of gators( probably boring for you local guys) and he even let the kids drive the airboat!!! He wouldnt let me drive though,wonder why?:eek:

Oh..and on the way home we stopped at Garlits place like already mentioned, it is a must see and takes a while if you look at everything close.

Thanks for all the repies guys that is really great of you. I have good news! I may be able to go to Billetproof after all!:D The wife told me we weren't leaving from Orlando until Saurday night. I guess we are doing a big dinner thing with the family. Si would have all day to go to Billetproof!:D

Yeah for me!

there is also a show near the kennedy space center with all kinds of airplane demonstrations and cars says it is fun for thte family . you can also go to flacarshows.com and that will have a pretty good selection by area.also not far away is cypress gardens not as big as disney but lots of rides for the family and more reasonably priced

This thread generated a utterly baseless copyright infringement allegation from orlandoescape.com. We will not be removing this post; I provide Mr Govind's allegation here merely for your amusement.

Re: Copyright Claim

I work for the company: ORLANDOESCAPE.COM

Note: All correspondence regarding this matter should be via
[email protected]

Our site has been penalized by Google because of duplicated content which
is hosted on domains within your control, as result of this we have lost
80% of our Google traffic and we need to get this content taken down ASAP!

HOW THIS AFFECTS YOU?

By knowingly linking to copyright infringing content, you could be liable
for 'contributory copyright infringement' see
http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/linking-copyrighted-materials for more
information!

We have isolated the pages causing our penalty which we need to have
removed,

Where Exactly Are These Links And Content Which Need Removing?

Specifically the following pages which are most likely operated by the same
person and located here:

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?p=42598

On the following IPs:

I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted
materials described
above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its
agent, or the law and is being hosted by DIGITALOCEAN-6.

I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification
is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on
behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

Kindest Regards
Sunil Govind
http://www.ORLANDOESCAPE.COM
[email protected]

I also posted it on continuously.me, and here's the email I sent to Mr Govind:

Mr Govind,

I have received an allegation of copyright abuse, copied below, from my hosting provider. After conferring with Digital Ocean support, we have determined that your allegation is entirely baseless.

You are alleging that ratrodsrule.com is "linking to copyright infringing content”. ratrodsrule.com is linking directly to your website. You are alleging that you, yourself, are hosting copyright infringing content, and that we are linking to your own said infringements.

I trust this is an argument you would not relish making in court.

Thank you.

Way to go Tripper! Probably some ambulance chaser looking for easy bucks. Another board I am on, Old Hippie, was hit a few years ago over a pic that was posted, cost him big bucks in court.

Latest posts

Back