Bertha

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking not so much the distance from the dash as the angle, can it go higher on the firewall and still work? if not if it feels right it's right [cl

I just like the whole thing, can't wait to see in on the ground [P

I'm thinking not so much the distance from the dash as the angle, can it go higher on the firewall and still work? if not if it feels right it's right [cl

I just like the whole thing, can't wait to see in on the ground [P

It will be tighter to the dash. It's just dangling there right now.

And I can't wait to see it on the ground. Supposedly it is going over to the neighbors in 2 weeks to get the four link done, then we will all get to see how it sits.

I pushed the column as far away from the seat as I could and still let the shifter work. It is a squeaker between the steering wheel and the dash with the wheel tilted all the way up, but I gained the space I needed for my keg.

Looks like we are running the same column. Did you shorten yours?

Successful day!!! Now have a title. Also got rear rims, PS pump, some brackets, oh and a running built motor.... :D

No new work done but I would say it was a good day!

Looks like we are running the same column. Did you shorten yours?
No. It really sticks out pretty far from the firewall. I just have that 56 Ford PU dash in there and it takes up a lot more space than the 38 dash did. The shifter lever just barely reaches through the firewall. I used the S10 pedal hanger and all.

Attachments

• PA280781.jpg
    PA280781.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 20
I picked up my title no issues using TR205 form. Did the same for the dodge. Only thing that bothers me is the title for this just says 1954 Chevy not that it is a 210. I don't understand that.

Skip my column is from a half ton not an S10 so I shortened mine at the mount to get it closer to the dash. Other than that slow weekend. Nothing else to report....

Here in Missouri you can take the title back to the DMV and point out what was an over site and they will resubmit it for correction.
Turn around time is about 5 to 7 days.
I just went and looked. Most of my titles are blank on the model and the others just say tudor.

Here in Missouri you can take the title back to the DMV and point out what was an over site and they will resubmit it for correction.
Turn around time is about 5 to 7 days.
I just went and looked. Most of my titles are blank on the model and the others just say tudor.

I don't actually have the title yet. They print them and mail them to you. I saw that on the application and they said that not all cars have a model associated with them. Weird thing is that the Dodge has a model on it.

BUT AT LEAST I GOT ONE!!!

Torchie, I have never had a problem here , what's the hassle ? I would be more than happy to file the BOS TR-205 in my name / address if it will help.

Oldog

I picked up my title no issues using TR205 form. Did the same for the dodge. Only thing that bothers me is the title for this just says 1954 Chevy not that it is a 210. I don't understand that.

When I picked up the cab for my project I went to see about getting the paper work for it based on the cab vin numbers. They started in with telling me that it would be impossible to title it. And then progressed to telling me that me buying it with a bill of sale was illegal as well. And that the guy that sold it to me was breaking the law ect..... Their explanation for that was that somebody, somewhere had a title for that vehicle, blah...blah...blah.
I just ended up using a frame that I had that had numbers that matched the clear title that I had in my name.
They claimed that the county I live in also has the highest rate of stolen cars trying to be turned in for scrap.
Who knows......
Torchie.

When I picked up the cab for my project I went to see about getting the paper work for it based on the cab vin numbers. They started in with telling me that it would be impossible to title it. And then progressed to telling me that me buying it with a bill of sale was illegal as well. And that the guy that sold it to me was breaking the law ect..... Their explanation for that was that somebody, somewhere had a title for that vehicle, blah...blah...blah.
I just ended up using a frame that I had that had numbers that matched the clear title that I had in my name.
They claimed that the county I live in also has the highest rate of stolen cars trying to be turned in for scrap.
Who knows......
Torchie.

Weird. The TR205 is for a vehicle, boat, ORV, etc. that has to be valued below $2500 and with no title. Both times I took the car to a local shop that appraises, got a letter from them saying it is worth whatever, presented a bill of sale with that showing VIN numbers and current condition of the car. They send the info to Lansing, call ya back an hour later and say come on back and finish the paper work. You pay tax on the appraised amount and all done.

A lot of times it's who you get to help you.
The experienced person knows the rules, when it comes to the odd ball stuff.
The average person helping most likely doesn't have a clue what to do and they start spouting off lines like Torchie said so they don't have to admit they don't know and it just makes them look like an idiot.

Went for a junk yard crawl yesterday. Scored a decent shape air tank for $10. Thought that was a pretty good deal. Much better than the $75-100 most places want for a new one.

Also worked on the column mounts. Got it a little closer to the dash than it was. Also finally finished up the welding on the front frame to close up where the cross member was narrowed. Slow moving with this cold. Not much ambition.

IMG_20150226_174448_036_zpswav7igca.jpg

IMG_20150226_174434_252_zps69pbrpwb.jpg

Steering column looks better ND. And nice score on the tank.
I hear you about the weather. -21 here this morning with a single digit high predicted. Enough already....
Torchie.

Latest posts

Back