New to the Rat Rod world

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Once

Just stopped in to say Thank you for letting me join your forum. I am new to the Rat Rod world, but not new to Cool Cars.
I have been Racing motocross, and then it was onto Rock Crawling where I started off with a Stock 94 YJ and built it into a Crawler that was stretched and running 1 tons under it. Then I stepped it up and bought a Competition Blue Torch Chassis Buggy. I Rock Crawler for about 12 years, and then decided it was time to go fast, so I bought a Tube Chassis 71 Camaro with a 502 Big Block in it that runs 5.70's and 5.80's in the 1/8 mile. I have been drag Racing for about 3 years and now its time to do something different, and I have always been a fan of Rat Rods. I used to sit in school and draw them and I have always been a Rat Fink Fan. So the other day I got to sit in a Rat Rod and I was hooked. So I bought my Rat Rod and now the Drag Car goes up for sale.
I have been married for 19 years and I my wife and I have two beautiful little girls. My wife and my girls are my whole world.

Here is a Picture of my New Ride.
rat_rod.jpg

I look forward to reading and learning as much as I can on your forum.
Once again.. Thanks for the add !!

Welcome , good score on the truck . Lots you can do to personalize it .Seven years ago when i was building my rat I wanted a grill like yours - so bad - the cheapest one I could find was $1700.00 . Had to settle for a 38 Chevy car grill and head light combo that was " only " $275.00 . Keep us posted as you fix it your way .
PS that has to be the neatest looking parallel spring front axle I have ever seen . Tell us more with pictures .

Last edited:
Thanks again everyone for the kind words. I have a few ideas that I will be trying on the Truck.
My wife and I went out cruising around town tonight, and I just cannot get enough of people driving by and giving you the thumbs up. People pulling up at the light and having people pointing and staring. It's AWESOME ! Not many places that I go that someone does walk up and start talking to me about it.

We had a great time cruising tonight.:cool:

Welcome to the site from FL. Nice looking ride and for sure don't go anywhere on a time frame in it. They are a conversation piece and everyone wants to look at them. :D

Welcome from Southern Ontario. I agree with the others, great looking ride.....and as you've noted already, this is a great hobby - I'm with MercuryMac.....we need some more pictures of that awesome ride!

Latest posts

Back