New Guy with a 47 Dodge

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ta2Don

Hello Guyz and Galz!:cool:
Just pulled the trigger on this old Dodge sitting on a S10 frame… I'm currently building a 65 short stepper Chevy C10 and decided that a rat would be my next project… I couldn't pass this one up… It has an Escalade seat, an Ididit column, and an uninstalled Painless harness… No motor or trans… While I continue on my truck project I am gleaning ideas from various rods I see, either locally or out here on the web. [dr

Here's a pic of the project sitting in my friend's shop...[;)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 44
Hi and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. There are quite a few guys on this forum that are doing those war-time Dodges, so you should get some ideas from lots of reading. Good Luck.

Thanks Guyz!!!

Thanx for the welcome!!! I will be doing lots of research as I try to put a plan together…;)
I also plan to start a build thread when the time comes.

Last edited:
A few Pics

Here ya go guys...
a few pics from my friend's shop where the truck currently sits...:)

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 25
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 22
  • photo 2 copy 2.JPG
    photo 2 copy 2.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 20
more pics

Here are a few more pics… and one of the reason I stopped by this shop… I spotted the old 5 window body and dropped in, only to find that the owner of the shop happened to be one of my clients… the 5 window wasn't for sale, but that's how I found the Dodge...:cool:

And here's a link to my 65 C10 build… http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=533920

Attachments

• 47-08sm.JPG
    47-08sm.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 47-09sm.JPG
    47-09sm.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 47-10sm.JPG
    47-10sm.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 47-12sm.jpg
    47-12sm.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Thread

Welcome!!!!

Start that build thread, so we can follow progress!!!!

Will do as soon as I get the old Dodge home… :roll eyes:
Right now I am in the progress of getting my 65 project rolling toward re-assy… Had a bent frame issue, so today I am visiting a fellow Truck Forum member to pick up a straight frame…[cl

Will Post here when I start the thread here...:D

Latest posts

Back