The VINs of pre 1954

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snopro when you say it like that, it doesn't sound too bad.
By the third day of standing in long line-ups, inching up towards the desks, and finally coming up against a surly government worker with hoops for you to jump through, your patience wears thin. :(:(:mad:

Here in Fla they greatly improved the system. You stand in line for 5 minutes, get a number, and watch as they show on a screen where you are. They have probably over 50 open windows, usually i'm there for 45 minutes.

So I am going to hold off on this court thing for now, until I do more research. I am also going to be a lot more careful...I really rather spend that money on a front disc kit...

Snopro when you say it like that, it doesn't sound too bad.
By the third day of standing in long line-ups, inching up towards the desks, and finally coming up against a surly government worker with hoops for you to jump through, your patience wears thin. :(:(:mad:

Haha, for this stuff I usually use the rural registry offices. The city ones usually have little to no clue.

Last year, I was trying to register a utility trailer that was originally manufactured by a trailer company in 1972. My dad bought it from a friend who was a retired RCMP, so it was most definitely not stolen. First registry told me I needed an assigned vin. Went to a more rural registry, no issue.

Same first registry told me I needed a bill of sale to re-register a vehicle that was last registered by me and I've owned since 2006. Needless to say, that didn't go over well and they were educated that they did not in fact need that.

Latest posts

Back